Body paint

@jesshyland your mesh is 4x resolution to the textures right? 1024 vs 512

1 Like

Okay now itā€™s doneā€¦ I think.

17 Likes

Great job! I hope this gets absorbed into the game!

2 Likes

I really hope so. I play mainly on PlayStation so the only way I could enjoy it is if it did. Iā€™ve given the file to a couple people to try out. But itā€™s not the same if everyone canā€™t see it.
But it was still fun to create.

6 Likes

It would be really cool if they used this as an test case, then @Leahlemoncakes can hold contests leading up to events and holidays to see what the talented members of the community can come up with.

10 Likes

Honestly, my centraforge toon doesnā€™t go out much, so if they never do anything with it and Iā€™m the only one who can see it, Iā€™m fine with that.
But I might have some more fun ideas to try out later, so a contest could be fun. :smiley:

2 Likes

Great jobs, yā€™all - really would love to see your creations be added in the game too!! :smiley: Can never say enough how much the talent here impresses me! :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, we author source textures at 1024 resolution and theyā€™re downsampled to 512 by our export tools.

5 Likes

Great work on the Boundless logo shirt!! I would definitely pay cubits for that, and sport it all day!! Iā€™m mc-lovin it! Haha

4 Likes

A few people looking good.

7 Likes

I hope this skin makes it into the game

2 Likes

Me too. I SO want it for my main character on PlayStation. Itā€™s up to the Dev gods now. :raised_hands::raised_hands: lol. Seriously. Please make it happen. For the Oortians By the Oortians. Lol. Well call it FOBOā€¦ hrrmmm sound familiar. :thinking:

2 Likes

@james @Leahlemoncakes

Yup my main is ps4 as well so itā€™d be great to see yours or @majorvex design in game. I donā€™t give my pc character much love so that one can just stay plain :joy:

Tho I suppose if youā€™d like it to only be people that passed the trials Iā€™ll have to go do that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll work on fixing those up & creating some more this week, then Iā€™ll upload them for anyone to use.

6 Likes

Lol. Naw thatā€™s not the case. But you should do the trials. Iā€™ve given the file to only a couple people. Iā€™d prefer if everyone could get it, PS4 players included. I have no problem sending it to you. You helped me acquire that black foliage for the clone farm.

1 Like

Which programs and what are some general steps to follow in order to be able to access and color/edit the paints. Any easy steps? Iā€™d like to give this a try but I tried going through the replies and I canā€™t seem to figure out everything about it xD Thanks!

Download PDN at getpaint.net
Open a DDS texture for a skin you own. Theyā€™re in the ā€œcharacterā€ directory in your install location.
Edit the skin, it is 512x512 px
Run boundless
Viola!

Note: only you will see the skin, not anyone else. Itā€™s a local edit.
Note2: the skins use dark and light green for the two tones of the tattoos. But if you put in a colored texture it will still work, based on the green tones of whatever image you use

1 Like

Thanks a looot. Concise yet understandable for a designing noob like me haha.

So only green shades of whatever i am using will show up in the final skin?

No. It will use the green channel to determine the skin and will ignore all other colors. The color is determined by tint in game.

Try making a skin with a red circle and a green square. The green square will be part of the skin. The red will be ignored.

1 Like