Body paint

make a pants body paint!

2 Likes

Yes! Xena Warrior princess!

4 Likes

Those last few look so freaky! Loving the body armour though!

1 Like

I feel like the idiot who doesnā€™t know how you guys import these in the game. XD
Is there a folder where you drop .dds files? How do you know the file names and such? :cold_sweat:

How does the game knows which are the 3 colors you can modify? Is it something like the 3 RGB channels in the texture?

make a pants body paint!

Pants paint :grin::grin::laughing:
I need to work on the color channels a bit and alignment of the seam parts, but hereā€™s a 1st pass at pants/jeansā€¦

18 Likes

Pants!!! Woo!

3 Likes

I use Photoshop CC 2020 + an Intel Texture Works plugin for DDS files (the Nvidia one isnā€™t working anymore).
Then just play around with the texture, RGB channels, etc.

3 Likes

That I guessed accurately.

But I donā€™t know anything about boundless modding. Is there a tool I should know about?
For Blizzardā€™s game, I use CASCExplorer to open and extract files from their archives.
What would be Boundlessā€™ equivalent?

You can go directly to the local files via steam or your PC

There are many programs you can use to edit the files, depending upon what type it is. Notepad for .json, Photoshop or Gimp for image files (plugin might be needed), etc.

Be careful with editing files that you arenā€™t familiar with though. It could cause your game to not load, then youā€™ll have to ā€œverify integrity of game filesā€ for it to wipe/re-install the original files.

Itā€™s a good idea to create a copy of the file you plan to tinker with.

2 Likes

OOOOOWH, I didnā€™t even check! All the files are available just like that?! O_O
From the get-go, I was expecting some kind of encrypted archive file like what a lot of other game companies have.

2 Likes

Lol, but the diaper is still there. Oh well. Haha

4 Likes

I think we are really just a bunch of space babies with diapers haha. Oh man. So funny. We can make portals but cant fly space ships

No driverā€™s licence XD

And we play with blocks

3 Likes

Leggings count as pants?

1 Like

lol not getting rid of the diaper eitherā€¦that would cost dinero :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (and they already have someone for that)

3 Likes

Damn, itā€™s fun and easy!

Hereā€™s my very first try at making a body-paint for my Centraforge-alt, covered in various compound stains. :stuck_out_tongue:
Gonna make some more tests tomorrow! :smiley:

EDIT :
There, better! Used some parts of the Hand body-paint texture. Might change that tomorrow.

14 Likes

I downloaded a a program called paint.net for free. Thats what I used to open the files. Now you can edited the files as well but I used a program thatā€™s super old because I know how to use it better. I never did anything with RGB. I just made my body paint using the green tones that are in all the body paint files.

Edit:
Just checking my file to the mesh.
Not to shabby. But Iā€™ll be adjusting and changing a few things.

3 Likes

Iā€™m so happy right now, I wanted this for a long time.

ā€œTonight, we celebrate! For tomorrow, WE HUNT!ā€

8 Likes

oh, thatā€™s what Iā€™m using all the time - so if it opens and edits the game files I can play with it easily as well I guess?

1 Like

Yeah works fine. But Iā€™m editing in an old program called fireworks.

1 Like