Bonus Forging Deck Slot Epic

Not sure if this has been discussed before but we all know that there has been numerous posts on why people think the forging system should be changed. I believe that the way its set up already is good and if we took RNGesus away from the forge then forging would no longer be forging, it would just be “Making” or “Crafting” hammers etc. perfectly everytime and then prices would drop so on and so forth. Everybody and their boundless grandma would be a forger!

So I come up with an idea of maybe having another epic skill worth 5 or 10 points that we could obtain in our skill tree and it could give us a “Bonus Deck slot” we could add 1 more ingredient too. I think just having one more slot could really help a lot of people out with the forge game and allow a little better forging for everybody because we all know that man, “If I Just Had That Extra Paste Or That Extra Gum Or Compound Or Catalyst” I could have a little better outcome on these hammers! :smile:

I want to hear what other people think and if this sounds crazy, let me know or if utterly magnificent, please chime in either way!
:thinking:
:grin:

2 Likes

So another epic skill to extend the slots but only one more with it

I agree and I’ve suggested this a few times as well (on previous posts talking about forge balance suggestions). I think 1-2 more slots (or alternatively, allow refilling items while minigame ongoing, so a slot only decides item type but quantity isn’t capped at 100) would help motivate using things that’s currently not as much in use.

@ FireAngelDth - I would ask for 2 lol but I think 1 is more likely

@funAlways - yes I agree, that would be cool to refill as you go

2 Likes

I was thinking about forging epic possibilities a few days ago… like perhaps an epic that goes in tandem with the RNG - e.g. if the boon bar hits full when using an ingredient, that ingredient doesn’t get consumed (like a free round) or something. I don’t know, just something to make forging feel a little more fun :smiley:

2 Likes

Interesting… never thought about that, but even if the ingredient doesnt get consumed, wouldnt Stab. and Vig. still go down?? or would it reset itself back to where it was before you used that ingredient (whatever numbers Stab. & Vig. were on?) so basically a free round you just got because you filled the Boon bar to 100% on that round but your next round starts with a full boon bar? I think im hearing you correctly, but correct me if im wrong, I like that concept

2 Likes

Yeah, so the boon point would still go through, the bar and buffs/debuffs at the top would remain unchanged. Ingredient not consumed, but item still gets the benefit.

1 Like

Ah I see, yes makes sense. Guess we would have lots of free rounds because of using 1000 point compounds lol

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: In my opinion, the forging system is solid, the only issue is the state of the RNG atm, it feels frustrating at times because we feel like we can’t fight back when bad RNG happens.

There are a lot of aspects that can be changed to solve this, from more ways to control RNG (more slots, a way to control quirk/defect, new forge ingredients, etc), make RNG less frustrating (improve gum weight, add less punishing defects/quirks, add deconst resin 4, etc), reduce randomness, or even new mechanics entirely.

2 Likes

I like and disagree with OP. On one hand I like that the Forge is so hard to master, and that so many people complain about rng.

However i think an Epic skill to add more ingredients is the easiest and least intrusive change to the current forge. Therefore I like the idea.

2 Likes

I agree-I think I mentioned Decon 4 last year sometime with 100% Mat recovery which would be a game changer to say the least. And adding 1 bonus deck would help tremendously too because then we could reduce defect points or quirk points IMO.

I use the same method as I did before my long break from the game last year and got almost lvl 10 speed, lvl 8-9 Dmg on Diamond hammer and Ruby hammer with AOE every time but I use the same method now since im back and I can still get those levels but the defects are horrendous, very rarely almost maxing hammers without defects with my method.

I still crank out super high speed Hammers with High Damage & AOE which are hard to find these days but Ive had to price drop because the defects are like a bad penny now, they always turn up!

2 Likes