Book Asset

I know this has been proposed in various ways but I see this as a bit different…

I’ve always wanted a journal type book asset in the game… where we could type much longer text than a sign and have the ability to have pictures, media, and other things like that. So it is much more detailed than just a couple paragraphs of text.

I should be able to put it on a book shelf and have journals of my travels or journals off interesting information or things that I really want to keep and remember. Maybe I want to have the illuminoorti guild history book or whatever… The ]I[ Library does not look right with Guild Books and instead would look better with true bookshelves and journals…

Additionally, because I now have a journal asset I can put it into a shop stand and sell my information to other players. I could sell my crop layout, my forging recipe, etc… Sure information is always free somewhere but the convenience of it being there for a small fee is sometimes worth it. Or maybe I just offer it up for free…

7 Likes

Would love that - screenshots, journal entries. I’m sure I’d sink hours into it - “Today I explored…” (insert exo shots, list adventures, numerous deaths, hehe). Also, a guestbook section for sure. :smiley: I’d love something where I could write compliments to people, not through the mail system as I don’t want them to feel they have to answer, and where people could have a separate record of such feedback and visitor comments.

2 Likes

I can see it now. I could have a shop with a huge sign that says Free Information and it would be some fun little facts or whatever :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I like this idea. Would be cool to be able to document stuff in-game instead of doing so in Google Sheets and such. This could go hand-in hand with an in-game camera/picturemode feature. It doesn’t have to be anything crazy. Just the ability to snap photos in-game and have them go to a photo book you can access in-game and drag and drop to the aforementioned journal or it could simply drop an item in your inventory that represents the photo you took and you can place that in your journal.

I don’t know if there is another suggestion post on this but can you please add one. It is a good addition for sure. I think it is important the devs see the various assets they could add in a simple fashion that would greatly add QOL. I am sometimes very tired of having to go find that steam folder to find the screenshot over and over and could just put it in the book while in game.

1 Like

Sure np. I’ll create one today after work.

1 Like

I like it. Good for roleplay too.

1 Like

I agree this has my vote.