Boon removal bug?

It’s not necessarily a bug

What happens is - the game tries to remove the boon and give back 100% of its boon points, but if the boon bar fill up completely before it can be fully removed, it doesn’t get removed.

It is for this purpose that boon removal 1 is actually superior - its cheaper, uses less vigor, and basically gauntness the boon gets removed.

Trundamere’s video above would suggest that this statement isn’t necessarily true. We have inconsistent results at best. His second example shows him removing a boon after filling more than the forge boon points bar would hold

1 Like

Huh, than my understanding of using them still needs work.

Still though, if ya use boon removal 1, there’s a much less lower chance of having the boon failing to remove

1 Like

If either of these are true, then the Boon Removal 2 description is misleading.
Why is Boon Removal 1 superior, just vigor cost if you have to do it twice?

I haven’t used or crafted the boon removal paste or whatever it is, but if it’s really expensive I think it should also have a better chance of NOT getting the same boon. that is a slap in the face to whoever uses this expensive ingredient

Boon Removal 1 is “better” since it uses less vigor and you have a lower chance to reroll the same boon or run into the bug. Lv1 removes 100% of the boon points you applied and only adds 50% of those back in, so you won’t fill the forge bar, the suspected cause of the bug

1 Like

It’s not expensive at all, and a pretty good alternative to Transmute Solvents

I agree completely but this is secondary to it not even doing what it promises.

1 Like

ahh right, it’s the transmute solvents I was thinking about

Good to know there was already a thread about this. I’ve seen several people, including myself, getting confused by this bug.

My suspicion is that it could be due to some kind of rounding or truncation error that results in the boon points on the boon not being able to all go back in the bar, which results in the boon staying (probably at 1 point?).

However, that doesn’t make sense of course, since when using Boon Removal Solvent 2 just after rolling a boon, it’s only logical that it’d be able to put all the points back into the bar 100% of the time, which definitely sometimes fails, pretty much wasting 200 Vigour.

Aside from fixing the bug that makes it sometimes not remove the boon just after rolling it, the description should also reflect that it does not remove the boon if more points than fit into the bar have already been added to it.

As it stands, Boon Removal Solvent 1 is straight up superior in almost every way, which is a bit odd.