Borderlands Style Loot Drops

But coins should only be dropped by creatures where it makes sense. For example goblins because they love bling bling^^

1 Like

I agree that creatures such as the 2 currently implemented in game should not drop coin animals should drop meat and bone if there is any plans to add bone meal into the game.

1 Like

I like albion online’s ways of doing it. Humanoids drops coins. beasts drops skins.

2 Likes

Exactly, makes the most sense.

Maybe split the topic in two ? One about the randomness of the loot, and the other on the “roleplay-ness” of the loot ?

About roleplay-ness : it’s cool when it’s here, but tbh it’s barely noticeable. Not a priority for me.

About randomness : irritating. I love idea of weapons having different qualities/stats, but not by loot : by craft. By loot means endless grind of X or Y boss…

One approach that may be an interesting middle ground: what if the crafting materials themselves can be imbued with random effects? Those effects then carry over into crafted items

Examples:

• Maybe you get lucky and a spitter drops explosive essence that also poisons - enabling you to craft poison bomb arrows
  • Or maybe when harvesting a tree, you get a trunk that’s extra strong - when you craft a tool from it, it has extra durability
  • You could harvest stone that is laced with some sharp mineral - it would add additional damage when crafting weapons from it
  • Maybe you dig up some dirt that is contaminated with ancient Oortian industrial runoff - when you grow food in it, that food temporarily changes your appearance randomly
  • etc
1 Like