Boulders not changing color

I have changed the colors on my rental but the colors of the boulders have not changed. Is this because I have not finalized my changes or is it a bug. I did not see anywhere in the list to change the boulder colors.

Edit: I did change the color of each type of rock to something else that was not pink or red.

3 Likes

The rock-based surface-resources will not change until they next regenerate. Its not planned to fix as is far too much effort than its considered worth it…

(These resources when generated take the colour of the block below, so arent directly driven by the world palette; to change them immediately when changing the colours the server would have to scan the entire world for all such blocks to update the actual block colours individually)

3 Likes

That makes sense and I would agree not worth the programming time if it corrects itself.

1 Like

This is a super low priority question…but is there a code reason you all decided to generate the world and then let us pick colors? Versus letting us pick colors before world generation (via a watered down version of world builder with only access to the palette config or something similar?)

Edit: I understand the palette config file might not fit in whatever is being used to generate sovereign worlds. I’m just using that as an example.

1. that’d be much more work… especially for ps4 where users cant just “open the world editor”
  2. I think it’s much cooler to be able to enter the world and tweak the colours in-world than in some external editor.
8 Likes

Fair and fair…I always forget the PS4 players (sorry guys, nothing personal!)

Can you not force a regeneration after the setting are applied ?

A full refresh of the resources in the world? sure… but its expensive and the world would have to go offline until it was finished

2 Likes

Ok so will these surfaces resources be considered wrong state and apply the chunk regeneration or we have to like destroy a block ?

1 Like

Seems like after you break them and they regen like they normally do after being destroyed they’ll be fixed.

2 Likes

I wonder if dropping regenerating bomb would do anything there (even if the resource is not gathered).

1 Like

never mind, I just noticed the tooltip…