:boundless: Annoucement: Oort Online has become...!

Have to say,I’m supper disappointed in the Titan,it’s big and the sound matches the look of the Titan.
It still just looks like a huge moving rock to me,there no “face” or anything really memorable about it.
While I’m sure this is only the first of many,it still has a lot of work that needs to be done. Because when I imagine Titan,that is not what comes to mind.
On a better note,it looks really good. I love the exploding creature thingy,that looks great. The label character models,and armor sets look fantastic. The portals are stunning (glad you made them a bit taller).
Other than the Titan looking like a large floating mass of matter that gained consciousness,I love it great job devs.

P.S. There was other things that I wanted to talk about,but I’ll save them till later.

2 Likes

Titans carry a bunch of large creatures (protectors) that are going to have memorable faces, I suspect!

2 Likes

Titan’s come with lots of features. You get attacked by its guardian probes, it moves constantly and you can build on it. The sound effects keep the suspense going the whole time. Plus there is likely to be weather effects to keep you on the edge of the seat. Titan’s also get custom art work.

Not to forget that there will be many kinds of titans in the future.

3 Likes

OH F**K YEAH! That’s a modification of the Keford config file. My work made it into the trailer! I’m missed it the first time. because I was so excited. Now I see the stills I know that terrain like a the back of my hand!

Squeeee!

6 Likes

I was pretty surprised at their different take on a Titan.
“Titans are epic floating fortresses that stalk the landscape, swarming with Protectors and traps.”
I imagine that these mobs would literally swarm the area once we grapple onto it. Like a mothership.

Who knows, this is just the tip of the iceberg ;).

8 Likes

On another note:

The hint of green mold compliments the colors really well! Me and @hipolipolopigus are honored to play a part in this ^^.

8 Likes

Well that’s true,but on the design of the Titan it self,for me,I’m still a little disappointed.
But I bet in game there a lot cooler than they look.
Plus if you can build on them🤔…does that mean that the Titan it’s self is not a enemy,and the protectors are the ones you fight?

Don’t judge me,but you can play on PS4 now,or when the game comes out?

1 Like

Building on them may be part of the strategy to beat them. I saw an early titan a few months ago and they have changed a lot since. I had the same comment as you about the lack of a face or eye. Nevertheless, seeing it on the screen was nothing short of awesome. That feeling of walking along a tight cliff you’re building on this massive moving structure with probes shooting at you was intense.

8 Likes

That I don’t know. You can always ask @Ben!

For me, I’d speculate that they’d let us test it out on the PS4 somewhere in next year before launch.

1 Like

Anyone know what the purple one is holding?

1 Like

looks like Oort stone ore

1 Like

You did most of the hard work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking,but I feel like they would have tease that a little in the trailer.

Please, there’s more than meets the eye in there! (Your underground lair plus the time consuming work of draining all the water from the center :smile:)

1 Like

I did some feel good marketing on Youtube. I wrote

“This is such an amazing experience. I designed the world that is shown at 1:13, and I am not an offical developer. The city shown at 1:09 was built by my friends. Join us, who knows it might be your creation that is featured in the next trailer released by Sony. The possibilities are boundless!”

10 Likes

I really like the new portal borders.

6 Likes

Yeah the new portal border are bloody amazing.

Thought: maybe warps (the temporary portal) would look more rift, that would fit great with the portal borders and would make the warp look much more temporary.

6 Likes

Anyone else connect these dots?

New floating UI

Sony…Morpheus

PC…Oculus Rift

6 Likes

2 Likes