Boundless Crafting

Where are you getting the data from that you are presenting here?

From the discovery server

It’s been a while since I launched something new… so, just for fun, here’s a world colour designer! Share your ideal world designs with others!

http://boundlesscrafting.com/worlds/designer

Have fun and stay Boundless :boundless:

Edit: Screenshot of the new functionality…

12 Likes

This looks like a great tool to help with what you might want on a private planet. . Thanks @Stretchious

2 Likes

That is so cool, great work!! :smiley:

Gave it a try… :grin: http://boundlesscrafting.com/worlds/designer/2ee28a017ba26ac2792add01be0393d1

2 Likes

Here is mine.

http://boundlesscrafting.com/worlds/designer/40890e39602b13bf3d21c94b9c7959d1

2 Likes

Cool! Thanks :blush:

I wonder if we will be able to make a private planet that is all desert biome like Dune. . or covered in ice, or an ocean planet with only a few scattered islands?

3 Likes

Planet with nothing but mountains, water level set to 2

1 Like

I know in the long run they plan to allow full customization. I do think that won’t happen in gen one based on how it isn’t in creative yet, that we won’t be seeing it if privates come soon.

I am not sure why a planet that is all ocean or desert has to be a creative planet. If all we are ever going to do is repeat the same boring color palettes and biomes then the public universe just gets more and more boring. Players already complain the planets are essentially the same with very little variation. Do we really need more of the same planets just mixing up the already repeated colors once again? If those end up being the options then might not be any point in renting at all.

3 Likes

Hopefully time will be put in at the start to do something like the website. It would delay things but certainly make the rentals be a win from the start.

I always had wished Level 1 planets were like they were but on Level 2 and up things got way more crazy and varied. I think it was a mistake to only really change stuff on the top tier worlds. I fear any population increase now because that part of the game hasn’t changed and any new public planet would just be the same.

1 Like

OK, it’s definitely been a long time since I’ve worked on the site in any meaningful way (burn out is definitely a killer!), but I’ve actually enjoyed working on a few things on the site over the last couple of days…

So without further ado, here’s the new stuff:-

• Sovereign worlds are now finally visible on the site.
  • Where colour information has been made available via the Boundlexx API, this has also been added.
  • “Visible Worlds” has been changed to “Reachable Worlds”, which will now show all worlds within 50 blinksecs (basically only showing worlds you can actually warp to). This displays as closest to furthest away, so if you need to know which planet a certain world orbits, you should be able to find that information quickly.
  • Within all listing, sovereign worlds are identifiable by a small globe icon (similar to the universally adopted icon used within game).
  • Nice new shiny world icons are autogenerated by the site if a Map has been made available (via devs) and uploaded to the site. These will autogenerate continuously over time (currently set to a 3 week interval to allow manual upload of new maps). I may make these centre on the capital if there is one, but that will be a project for a later date.
  • A larger version of the new shiny world images can be downloaded for use on forums listings. Simply navigate to your world page, hover over the world image at the top and click the download icon.
  • Any unlocked block colours for sovereign worlds are automatically visible in the crafting pages as per the permanent world colours.
  • Moved the Portal Distance Calculator from the Lore section to the Worlds section for more visibility as it made more sense there.
  • Added rich-text data to worlds pages, so now you get a little extra info when linking to a world on the site.

Example of rich text links…

Disclaimer: Some world names will be listed as their internal ID - This is because they only contain emoji and I wasn’t prepared to start messing about with emoji names.

Any suggestions for improvements to the site, please shout!
In the mean time, have fun and stay Boundless :boundless:

/salute
Stretchious

13 Likes

hey @Stretchious

portal distance calculator doesn’t load for me (error 500) - using chrome on windows 10
clearing cache didn’t help

2 Likes

Ok thanks :man_facepalming: … looking into it now :+1:

1 Like

Portals and warps page is fixed.
Silly me trying to stuff all the data into a single one-time request and overloading the select box… ran out of memory :joy:

1 Like

I saw your now-deleted post on the Pharoh thread, which gave me the idea… on the item pages like https://boundlesscrafting.com/crafting/gleam, how hard would it be to add an “unavailable tints” section? When I’m picking colors, I like to choose ones that nobody has yet, and this would save me a bunch of time each month.

I think it could be possible. I’ll have to grab a list of unlocked colours and just compare them to those that have been logged. It wouldn’t be entirely accurate though, as it’s using the Boundlexx data which relies on players using the colour logger. It would be better if the devs found a way to expose more of the planet data, including colours, in one of their APIs.

2 Likes

Oh, I definitely get this limitation and issue, though that’s true of all “currently available” sovereign world color information. I think Boundlexx exposing a “last verified” date on the color scan would be helpful as well, IMO.

1 Like

I’ll take a look and see what I can come up with :+1:

In the mean time… I added some more new gubbins… Shop stand data is now included on the crafting pages (it will also be added to specific world pages tomorrow).

8 Likes