Boundless crashing US1 + US2 Sever down

Playing tonight when my game crashed on TESTUS2 with this error:

Error 1006
Websocket CLOSE_ABNORMAL (Assumed)

Waited a few hours and tried again. It lets me log into game for 10 seconds until the same crash error repeats.
TESTUS2 world went down and was not in my server select list last I checked.

Thanks for letting us know. We have been looking into this.

1 Like

So…US servers coming back up soon?

1 Like

They fixed it yesterday. This is a separate incident. Both US servers down :frowning:

The US servers are back online.

It’s possible there is a bigger issue and they’ll fail again - please report it here. We’ll need to investigate when the team is back in the office on Tuesday. (Monday is a bank holiday in the UK.)

2 Likes

Server US 2 is down again.

Bank Holiday is the best :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The US1 to US2 portal doesn’t work either (Naturally).

Servers should be live again.

1 Like

As your next President (or Prime Minister) my first act will be to eliminate bank holidays.

1 Like

Fine by me!

Error 1006 again.

Crashes within 10 seconds of loading world.

Edit: I don’t know if this info will help with the 1006 socket error, though:
When I log into US 1 or 2 my bags are reset with starting materials before it crashes.

EU sever however, I don’t crash when I log in and my bags are showing full inventory stock as it should with all my previous materials.

Both US servers seem to be down again.

Thanks for the info - let me see if there is something obvious.

US 2 is offline yet again. This is becoming a thing… :unamused:

1 Like

I think it’s only a thing until tomorrow when the team can take a look at it instead of (most likely) just restarting the servers^^

1 Like

Ahhh yes!! I forget that us Australians are living in the future :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Pesky time travellers!

1 Like

This is the problem with a game deployed and in development in parallel.

The server is failing when communicating with the database that stores everyone´s inventory. We have restarted the server without having time to investigate why it´s failing. The problem is that data integrity isn´t confirmed - and bad stuff can happen.

This is the challenge (and reward) for all the early adoptors trying out and pushing the game whilst in active development.

So sorry and thanks at the same time!

10 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @james. I do certainly understand this and will continue to advise you with bugs, down times, and stress testing your severs.
No hard feelings. All love :kissing_heart:

4 Likes