Boundless Environmentalism

They respawn if they are under the plot, as he said. He reserved plots above the land so that the resource heavy area could not be taken for someone’s base. He has the resource areas reserved, because he plotted above them, but not specifically plotted themselves… if you understand what I am trying to say here.

Nope, it can’t be seen as trolling. Even if someone reports beacon devs have log of when beacon was placed so it would be very hard for others to win report.
I’ve done similar thing on Besevrona, 13x13 plots of protected land, I might even build on it someday :joy::joy::joy:

jealousy Besevrona is my next goal, but I need more skill points and better tools first.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. Dude I was responding to asked “I thought resources were unlimited.” I was explaining OP’s concern.

I actually support OP…just put up a sign. :slight_smile:

Hehe :wink: a little tip: you need only 3 points in protection, I had 5 for the longest time :man_facepalming:

To be back on topic (yeah…I was the first to hijack it :sweat_smile:)

I strongly encourage everyone to follow this trend instead of landing plot at ground level.
This way others can still dig/gather till you decide to build something on it.

1 Like

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I’ve plotted on first level that is completely below surface, so anything on surface is just reserved.

1 Like

If worlds start to get too densely populated and natural resources get stretched too thin, we simply snap our fingers and make new worlds like some sort of backwards Thanos snap.

5 Likes

I think you might be missing the point here. Claiming it at ground level would be pointless. You can’t mine in a plot you own, it doesn’t respawn. So he’s claiming spots above it so no one can claim the ground and anyone can mine it.

1 Like

But…I’m saying the same thing.
I don’t mind to be the bad guy of the story. I mean if you …really want one, we can roleplay it :rofl:

Sparklepuss! I report you for trolling and harassing the capital of Till.
You will be executed tomorrow at the main hub!

2 Likes

I have max defenses and like 5000hp. Your paltry Slingbows mean nothing to me :smiley: Bring it!

2 Likes

Quit arguing with me!!!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

In the pre-release we had a nature friendly tree house village going. The natural level of the ground was perfect so a plot would end 1 block above the surface. We asked everyone to not plot the ground, so we could sustainable “farm” all types of soil and grass there, usually through an inconspicuous rabbit hole in a back garden somewhere.

This did however mean that any random neighbour could just wander in and stripmine all but our roads out from under us - and although this would have been a di@kish move from their side, I think it would still have been completely fair as the ground was “available” to anyone.

Luckily we’re friendly peeps and our neighbours were considerate enough; we even had semi-agreed upon farming zones away from all the builds. I say keep at it man!

I think we also had a much smaller group of players even if we had fewer planets. When the average was 20 players a day instead of 500, it seemed much more empty but that helped to preserve areas in their natural state. I know I had a few locations marked where I went for my clay and wood. I pretty much stuck with those places and they were away from other players builds so no one probably saw them and then seemed to regen every evening.

I completely stopped using peat when I got my compactor coils. My guess is that most players will do the same since the ratio farm:benefit is so huge. Thus the environment issue will be resolved by itself, unless new players keep increasing.

The cost of plots means that most people aren’t going to reserve land for resources anyway, and if they do it’s going to be fairly uncommon, and of those very few will troll if any.

People own huge plots of land in real life for no purpose other than mining/arming, and the planet’s still big enough for everybody.

No you need clay, ash and mud for bricks. You need sand and silt for glass. as players decide to make larger builds the need for these items will increase. People are not going to stop building once they build one thing. So the need for dirt in various forms will continue and not resolve itself due to a move on from peat as a fuel source.

I removed the Peaty Soil Reserve after all. Turns out Peaty Soil is EVERYWHERE on Till under the grass, so there is no need to save it. That still does not change the idea that some building should be to protect resources.

Anyway, I LOVE that nature village idea of building one plot above the land. My partner and I are going to embrace that idea for our new Settlement in a canyon we found. Creatures, boulders, boulder pillars, and many mining materials spawn like nuts there.

1 Like

Oh yeah I completely forgot about the other soils… mmm…guess we’re stuck with the craters.