Boundless.exe has stopped working

Everytime I start the game, it says logging into Dalan22 and then it gives me the error Boundless.exe has stopped working.

Edit: So for some reason I loaded the game up and logged me in. I went through the first portal and then got disconnected from the server. Restarted the game and now i’m back to the .exe has stopped working.

Won’t let me embed for some reason. Here is the log.txt from local.

https://pastebin.com/9x7LL71s

Ok I suspect its this as we got a couple of crashes sent in from that.

INFO Migrate from Locations_V2 to Locations

Can you send yours in and we can check? It will need another patch to fix.

If you have an alternative character that is likely to be ok, if its not using the same locations.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Not sure how I even make another character since exe stops working as soon as the launcher says Dalan22 logged in. I have been submitting all my crash reports. You say this will need another patch to fix? Does this mean I should refund the game until a new patch is released?

We pushed a patch that should fix this.

3 Likes

Hey guys i have a similiar problem since yesterday. I went through one of the portals on therka market and suddenly my game crashed to desktop. After restarting the game it crashes with the error message “boundless.exe has stopped working”. I noticed the games crashes as soon as the portal from sanctum to the world has opened. When i restart the game again login fails with the message “Error: 3 Can’t Get Steam Ticket”. I figured out when i deinstall the game, restart my computer and reinstall the game i can login once. Then i have approximately 5 - 10 seconds till the game crashes and i have to do the same reinstall procedure again to succesfully login instead of receiving the steam ticket error message. I succesfully managed to create a new character to rule out there is a problem with my character or its location. Playing in Sanctum with the new character worked fine. I travelled to Therka and everything went fine first but the game crashed again after about 2 minutes of playtime. I submitted my crash log. (at least i think i did, because the game recommended me to do so)

1 Like

Your getting a crash in your local chunk cache.
Delete
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata???\324510\local\chunkcache\data.mdb
where ??? is some number.
Can you let us know what size that file is?

1 Like

Deleting the data.mdb file solved my problem. It was about 2 GB large. I played several minutes now without crashes. When the new data.mdb file was created it was about 25 MB in size after just teleporting from sanctum to therka and walking a few steps. I played about half an hour on therka walking around and doing stuff you would normally do while playing. The size of the file increased to about 45 MB. Then I entered a few portals and the size of the file increased to 300 MB. I hope this is of any help.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Glad I ran into this. I deleted my file and checked for lag. Problem I have had for a month is gone. :star_struck:

Was the problem the game was crashing? E.g. joining a world or where you went to a specific location?

No, just the horrible lag. Worst was on Therka for whatever reason. I spend most of my time in the desert, so, buildings didn’t cause it. I had the message about the connection being unplayable a lot. When things got the worst with rubber banding etc. I found that often quitting and coming right back would improve things awhile and sometimes just going to the Sanctum and back worked. But, I deleted my chunk cash (close to 2 GB) and that seems to have gotten rid of all problems. I wish I had seen that as a suggestion to get rid of lag long ago! Thanks for putting that on.

What are your PC specs, especially how much ram do you have and what kind of hard disc?

i7-4720HQ, 2.60 GHz, RAM 16 GB, 64 bit

I don’t remember where to find what types of hard discs I have. I know it includes SSD of some sort. Anyway, it’s 3 TB of hard disk I have.

I don’t have problems in graphic intensive games like some have in say Space Citizen etc. or various MMORPG games. I didn’t have a problem in Boundless until about the time of the last big update (I think just before). I figure that is likely simply because my chunk cache didn’t get too large until then since deleting the cache fixed the problem.