Boundless for newcomers is endlessly frustrating

I think that was meant to be what-you-need-to-leave-a-planet. :wink:

Yep sorry my english is bad :sweat: so the problem is with the ā€˜warp location picker upgradeā€™ (warp shard) recipe and requirements

ā€œAll the way from the gecko?ā€

I think itā€™s ā€œget-go.ā€ Although gecko is nice, too.

2 Likes

Geckos are cool dudes, Iā€™d hang with them anytime.

The only problem with them is that they like to get into tight mechanical spaces that are inimical to their continued survival, such as door jambs. Compounding the problem is that they are basically tiny (often semi-transparent) camouflaged ninja spidermen lizards that are hard to notice, so things can easily get unpleasant and messy by accident, especially since they seem to have not gotten spidermanā€™s spider-sense for danger.

1 Like

Yeah, weā€™ve had a gecko population explosion at our house ever since I captured one coral snake and took it to the herpetarium, and killed the other one. My wife wears open-toed shoes and she drew the line at getting out of her car directly onto a coral snake. The downside is that since coral snakes eat geckos, we got geckos. Want a gecko? We got 'em. Our black runner snakes have come back, though (corals eat those, too), so perhaps theyā€™ll take care of the gecko overflow.

On the other hand, geckos eat mosquitoes, and we have a lot of those, too.

Florida during the summertime. Donā€™t come down hereā€“itā€™s not worth it.

As a newcomer I havent found the game to be that hardā€¦ I think the main difference here is the fact that I discovered if you hit ESC there is this thing called Knowledge that shows you how to do everything your wondering aboutā€¦

Its been my crutch that I turn to whenever I am trying to figure out how to build Xā€¦

But I donā€™t think there is anything in the tutorial that points out that Knowledge bank thatā€™s so handy and maybe something should point it out to newer players as I just sorta stumbled on it, granted very early on thank fullyā€¦

5 Likes

The Knowledge Tab didnā€™t exist 8 months ago. :blush:

But great to hear youā€™re finding your way through the game!
Welcome to Boundless!

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with geckoā€™s. They are one of the healthiest insects eaters to have a round. I would love to get a barking gecko again.