Boundless Guilds

I will certainly run a site for my organization. A feature that would be useful to my plans (though will require more game development before you can feasibly begin to implement) would be a sort of galactic settlement map. I need to track locations of outposts and embassies on dozens of worlds. I’ll also need a way to collect and display secret meta-data on each world, viewable to trusted members only. We know trade and resources disparity will be critical to the game’s economy, and any features I can get to gain an edge would be amazing.

3 Likes

This is a really good idea and I can’t wait to see it when it is complete. As a new player I will most likely browse steam communities in search of a existing guilds or willing members for a new guild. Though steam communities can usually harbor undesirables, I feel it is a good place to start if you want to build or join a guild. Once established this will be a vital tool for any successful guild.

2 Likes

Seems like it might be build a site with drop down menus. Insert guild name here, how many officer positions, What will your icon be for the guild? Either pick a premade icon or insert custom art, the parameters are X. I think or at least hope that the site selection/build will be user friendly, for both website newbs and pros alike. Cheers!

Unless this ‘Site’ is literally built INTO the game, I’ll never touch, look at, or visit it. You should be experiencing and playing the game, from inside the game. Not going outside the game to join or make Guild which can only opperate and do stuff inside the game and not outside.

1 Like

This is quite the necro.

3 Likes

I blame @Slythius, I know Guilds will be coming into the game very soon, like the next update or whatever, so didn’t pay attention to the date. I wonder how that site is coming along by now, seeing as Guilds still never made it into the game years later, and is such a simple thing to code in, even if it just added a tag above your head and did nothing else.

Beacon Management info - fuel timers for guild locations and/or player locations

Inventory Stock Info - list of items stored in guild based beacons

Guild Request Basket info - list of requested items in guild based beacons

Intregration with existing services out now like the Universe map

And someone already said it I believe, but a “who’s online in game” feature
And to expand upon that concept, a character list feature that compresses all a user’s character names into 1 main character handle

Is there a link to a dev discussion of what they are/were intending guilds system to look like ingame from back in 2016 or whatever?

I think currently most guild running by discord, it has really similar function as your website.
Also discord support voice chat which i don’t think the guild forum can support that function.
We can do announce and @ everyone very easy by the discord.

The guild system in game is what we need most i think.

So yeah, i am glad someone willing to create the website to help people who wants to host the guild.
But i think most guild will still use the discord mostly to run the guild until the in-game system released.

Thanks for all the extra input everyone.

I started building a site for guilds well over 2 and a half years ago, but didn’t continue with it as there was not enough information at the time as to how guilds would work.

I have contemplated revitalising the project to enable players to find each other based on location, skills and other factors etc., but who knows :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What is the point to an official guild ingame? As it is stands right now, everyone is just loosely affiliated via Discord channels and that seems to help with coordination/communication.

I’d imagine an in game guild will include a structured hierarchy, better permissions with assigned roles (such as master of coin, master of beacons), guilds plots, possibly assigning a leader of a settlement… that’s all speculation mind you!

4 Likes

u join guilds mainly for 3 reasons: RP and/or social reasons, economical advantages, already existing groups who want to organize their structure (friends who joined together, people who arbitrarely settle nearby)

so a guild website should have an inner guild chat/message system, a place (embassy) to contact the guild from outside, maybe a screenshot gallery to show off builds or stuff, then a market place to trade and swap ressources and products, maybe a queue shedule for shared machines, and then stuff to create a guild identity, maybe a functional calender,

I love this idea. With permissions it gives value to each role. Could we maybe have perks attached to some designated roles? (City Engineer = Faster block placement / City crafter = reduced crafting times)

And can we join multiple guilds? I personally have been brainstorming how to build a corporation. A guild others could be loosely attached to would work great.