Boundless has stopped working

Hi!

I just bought boundless, but I can’t seem to actually run it, as directly on startup it says ‘boundless has stopped working’.
I’ve tried many things (administrator rights, compatibility modes, reinstalling, verifying), but to no avail.

I’m running Windows 10. If you need more information please let me know what!

Can you make sure you have the most up-to-date graphics drivers as well?

1 Like

Also check to be sure firewall and antivirus didn’t lock it up, Avast had been dislike Boundless’ files

There are two things that can crash: the loader app you sign in with and the game itself. Did the the login work the first time you ran it? If so then it more likely the game thats crashing,

If the game itself starts there should be a log file in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Turbulenz\Boundless\ If you can share that it may identify the problem. In that folder there will also be a crash dump file (*.mdp) that you can email in to boundless@turbulenz.com which will allow us to look in detail.

Updating drivers, especially graphics drivers can help.

2 Likes

Also make sure you have installed the latest version of the .NET Framework and the Visual C++ Redistributable.

You can find them here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53345
https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the help and replies. I actually decided to do a full reset of my computer, as I had been having problems with another game as well and it was about time.

This fixed the problem, so I guess it was something on my end.

However, just for info, I did see the login screen the first time I ran the game, but afterwards never again.

Also, Hi Tim from a fellow Dutchman! I think I saw you in chat yesterday at Therka :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After the first login we associate your Steam account with your Boundless user, every time you run the game after that we simply auto login your character via Steam.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m currently working on a shop with portal area in Therka Market so it is quite possible you have seen me there :wink:

Good to hear that your problems are solved. Now hope that they don’t come back later.
Have fun playing again!