Boundless Info

Would anyone know when or if the https://boundlessinfo.com/ page gets refresh or update?

Some of the colors are not adding up with some of the Sovereign worlds

Sov colors can be wrong if the planet had the colors changed but has not been scanned after. It is not an issue with Boundless Info or the API, just the colors come from manual scans that need to be redone if the colors have been changed since the original manual scan was done.

2 Likes

@Soju-VB
Thanks for that info

Who does the scans?

I think mainly myself, @Angellus, @kasaisaru, and maybe @Gorillastomp … there may be others I am unaware of.

3 Likes

That page would be more helpful if it was updated.
But I understand it takes some work

Thanks for clarifying my question @Soju-VB
Good Day.

Its not that hard to do, but if we don’t know the colors changed then we don’t know to rescan a world… far too many of them to try to scan every world every day just in case the colors “might” have changed unfortunately.

Would be better if the color data was available directly from the game to the API, but at the moment that is not the case so someone has to go to the world and scan / upload the JSON data to the API so that it is visible to the other sites like Boundlessinfo that use it.

1 Like

Should add that the few of us that do it are not special =) … anyone on PC can assist, its just there is a few of us that seem to do it the most.

1 Like

Sometimes I think about scanning a bunch of planets, but I can barely get through the TNT sov wall before I get bored and want to do something else.

If you can’t, or don’t want to, get the scanner set up yourself, you can let us know the worlds & portal locations here and maybe someone will get a chance to get them scanned.

Remember that colors can be changed every month, so color data can get out of date pretty quick if nobody knows the owner changed the color.

2 Likes

Yeah, I still have the request basket set up in TNT for scan tokens. Lately it seems I get about 1 a week.

1 Like

If we change the colors on our sovereign, do they automatically update in boundlessinfo or do we need to do something?

1 Like

The planet needs to be scanned again for the colors to update.

2 Likes