Boundless is Dead. Long Live Boundless!

Geez, those wages from Belgium sounds completely broken. How do you even live off that. Well i guess that’s kinda the point :frowning:

This isn’t at all something general for Europe though. I also live in Europe, and i make around €8.000, and in most of the areas where it matters to me personally, we are a cheaper place to live than the US.

1 Like

Let’s make this an off-topic subject on “how much does X job make in Y country”.
8000 eur is quite good. what country? How much tax you pay all in all?

Kind regards,

1 Like

Your link was super interesting, never seen that before.
I live in Denmark, and we pay upwards of 40-50% tax, which is crazy i know, but that in turn also means that a lot of stuff is either free or very cheap.
Like going to the doctor or going to university is free, and stuff like childcare is very cheap.
It’s a great system if i do say so my self.

5 Likes

Let me sing you the song of my people …

Federal Reserve data indicates that as of Q4 2021, the top 1% of households in the United States held 32.3% of the country’s wealth, while the bottom 50% held 2.6%.[6]

What exactly do you mean when you say “average wage”?

From an international perspective, the difference in US median and mean wealth per adult is over 600%.

It’s clear from the follow up conversation that “people in belgium do not have wages like americans”.

:thinking:

3 Likes

Let me summarize…

Wages in the US are apparently more.
The cost of living in the US is apparently less.
Taxes are apparently non-existent in the US.

Seems like you should just move to the US at this point. :slight_smile:

Back on topic, maybe a game that has microtransactions and things you can buy in the game isn’t the right game for you. A free-to-play model is most likely coming and I for one hope that it does simply because the game cannot support itself with the current monetization model.

3 Likes

that’s how much I make in the U.S. I converted it from USD to EUR.

1 Like

Poor look for this community that @Nokowa reply was flagged. There is nothing in the reply that is worthy of a flag. The profanity is not necessary, but the filter blocks out all the foul language. Not sure why this always happens here.

There’s definitely some excessive flagging here. Like you I just figured someone didn’t like all the little black boxes on a forum for a kid-rated game.

At least you can still read it, until an admin follows up. :man_shrugging: .

1 Like

It takes just one click to show the post.

1 Like

correct

Which reveals the hypersensitivity of the flagger and unfortunately makes the entire community look bad. Happens all the time.

Suicide rate (<< warning, graphic language) is very high in Belgium. Burn out is a huge problem here. Imagine working 50-60 hours a week for… €2500 LOL. And now the real kicker: the boss will tell you -but I pay you really well!-
GRRRRRRRRRRR

We have very good health care but thats slowly declining more and more, we are basically turning into slaves if not already. €8000/month here and you will live like an absolute king. €3500 is considered very high here but €8000? Jesus…
Im going nowhere tho, Im just a blue collar.
I dont care so much about money as long as I can just live my life but thats the thing, we re slowly losing everything and people are very angry. There is a lot of talk about guillotines.

Yeah, Im not very fond of this kind of thing unless I insult someone which I didnt. Feels very reddit-y, I really hate that place. Absolute whiny ■■■■ hole. One used to get ■■■■ on all the time on the old internet, I also remember the old internet (forums) being very cliquey which is what I really hated. On some forums if you werent in the clique youd get ignored basically.
Pissed me off so much.

4 Likes

Oooh, I understand you…

The group/pack effect, the community of people incapable of having a personal and concise opinion. Social networks with the internet, the pandora’s box of mediocrity.

I went to terrible lengths to interact with this game’s forum as I shunned all other media featuring the infected ego of cowards and other screamers hiding behind an endearing keyboard like hungry little dogs the “likes” like sweets.

Reward for toddlers… I take enormous precautions but it tires me personally. I have this fragility.

My apologies for my bitterness :cherry_blossom::stuck_out_tongue:

Ps : What bothers me in this whole story are the notions of denunciation and public lynching, it is extremely painful especially when a layer of hypocrite (passive-aggressive) overwhelms the whole. It’s so 2022…

3 Likes

I hear ya.

I am not part of the community or “clique” on here, nor do I think I want to be. I visit the site frequently, but just do not feel like participating often. Don’t get me wrong, there are many good people on here, but some are incredibly fake.

About a year after Boundless was released on the PS4 me and a friend were made fun of and mocked until we re-located. We had evidently built too close to a community member’s ongoing project. They never asked nicely, just mocked us till we left. That player is part of the “community” and has stated on this forum about how sad it is that the game’s player base has shrunk. Can’t make this stuff up. Am I supposed to take a player like this seriously? It’s like look in the mirror dude. lol

Others constantly virtue signal, pretending to be modest but the undertones always suggest how important they are to the game and community

Other’s pretend to be what they are not

and on and on.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Nightstar made good points that are hard to argue with. And you made a good point as well that the game was released too early.

5 Likes

Haha I just love to go on, myself. I’ve found myself on the sharp end of the stick for it occasionally.

Super clear the point you make about driving people off then griping about being lonely though. It’s very similar to what I mentioned earlier about saying “give me a reason to spend” and then refusing to buy anything.

I try hard to remember there’s not a uni-mind and “the community” can present different faces. But when it’s literally the same person like that, it’s hard to take them seriously. I can respect someone who is consistent, even if I disagree. It’s hard to give that same kind of respect to someone who blows with the wind.

2 Likes

I appreciate you, you look like someone whole and who does not hesitate to jostle and push this artificial decor that is suffocating us!

2 Likes

sniff… … Sniff
Do you smell that? Is it red or white wine?
… No, it’s just whine.

I would gladly pay for the upkeep of this game and I do, I pay for gleamclub. A company needs to monetize one way or another. It can go two ways: they monetize something and whiners disappear or they don’t monetize and game disappears. Hopefully they monetize it in a way where all parties win.

6 Likes

Meh. Hope is nice.

NGL the place could use some cleaning up, though.

1 Like

Community was never nicer than when it had a $95 early access price. Im not suggesting that’s a sustainable or practical solution, but having “skin in the game” so to speak has a profound impact on player behavior and involvement. Furthermore, for as much as gaming communities in general love to trash on “whales”, the ones I’ve met here in Boundless have been some of the nicest and most wholesome players I’ve ever known. Just my personal observation. The more Boundless can monetize and turn that monetization into tangible content and updates for the game, the more the community as a whole will benefit and grow. At the end of the day, Boundless is a product, and to continue delivering that product to us, the consumers, it must be profitable to do so.

13 Likes

It seems so obvious to pay a service at its fair value but our times are against that… :pensive:

Well, I’m going to slip away because I have no talent for debating.

See you very soon little people of Boundless :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Right sadly there’s no single payment that can be relied on “forever”, and at some point the gate is too much.

There are plenty of examples, models that work and whales that carry the load. I wouldn’t ever want to demean anyone for not being able to pay.

This whole idea that asking for money is some sort of affront though, that’s not right. Granted - not every player is present or accounted for on the forums, but sometimes that seems to be the prevailing ethos. IMO that’s bad for everyone. Whales aren’t usually happy just paying for you to play - like the ones we’ve had here so far.

They’re paying to win. So if you want someone to carry, you either need to be AWFULLY nice about it, or give them something to ‘win’. Either way, it’s a change.

EDIT: On a re-read, that comes off as fully “Bring Me P2W!!”.

No retraction, but there are many steps between subscription and full on gacha-style F2P/P2W. There are clearly better tools to elicit ‘voluntary contribution’ as well.

We should end up somewhere in the middle, I do hope. Still to date much of the “community presentation” has been full on black or white, and having put the one foot forward - it’s hard not to respond in the same vein.

1 Like