Boundless MEMES Megathread

< working on the edge-detail of a platform in the sky far above the ocean >
< hears a short bleating sound >
< gets pushed by a small wildstock that has spawned nearby on the platform because why not >

< falls into the water >

5 Likes

You know, this is off topic, but it’s really brave of him to fall ■■■■■ first like that.

2 Likes

Especially knowing I was high enough from the water to reach terminal velocity.

3 Likes

Guy’s playing chicken at the professional level. Respect.

1 Like

Well technically a meme is just an information, that is made in an easy to understand format. Therefor a meme can be completly text

For example:

am i reading the forums in my lunchtime - yes
should i make lunch - maybe
will i just not eat lunch - possibly

That isn’t one of the definitions of meme that I’m familiar with, but I’m not really here to argue semantics, just make fun of teenagers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ask Youtube comments what they think.

I myself am more of a connaisseur of DANK MEMES.

1 Like

Well it is from the one and only reliable source of information on the Internet: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_meme

4 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

just leaving this here https://youtu.be/I8uU44_4wB8

3 Likes

:joy: slick moves :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes.

Since you guys are still discussing the memosity of the image-less meme-like entity…

Welll… Ahctually…

^ that’s the meme in my post, so I’m not off topic!

In the pure, original definition of a meme, which is:

A meme is an idea, behavior, or style that spreads by means of imitation from person to person within a culture and often carries symbolic meaning representing a particular phenomenon or theme.
Source: Wikipedia - Meme

Yes, any invocation of the idea, behavior, or style that is being spread should be considered a meme.

In the newer definition, as cited by @DeadDigger:

An Internet meme , more commonly known simply as a meme, is an idea, behavior, image, or style that is spread via the Internet, often through social media platforms. What is considered a meme may vary across different communities on the Internet and is subject to change over time. Traditionally, they were a concept or catchphrase, but the concept has since become broader and more multi-faceted, evolving to include more elaborate structures such as challenges, GIFs, videos, and viral sensations.
Source: Wikipedia - Internet Meme

I would argue that the image format itself is vital to the behavior that is spread via the internet. While using the format in words alone can evoke the idea of the meme itself, it is not complying with the original image concept that is traditionally shared.

You could, however, make an argument that the text-without-image-that-invokes-a-traditionally-image-filled-meme format is it’s own separate meme, considering that this is actually a common occurrence on certain non-image-friendly regions of the internet (see: [most] Reddit comments sections).

So, perhaps this is a meme, and perhaps it is not, as the cited Wikipedia article says,

What is considered a meme may vary across different communities on the Internet and is subject to change over time.

But, in the end, I just hope both teams have fun.

(If I have one regret in typing up all this unnecessary nonsense, it’s that I only included two memes. I should have filled it with hidden memes. I can’t believe I’ve done this.)

1 Like

If that makes you feel better, I can’t believe you’ve done this either.

2 Likes

A meme from the AI meme generator, it’s becoming self-aware. I went there to look for an answer, but it hasn’t given one.

3 Likes

Please give us some special exo :sob:

2 Likes

66tsxs

3 Likes