What turns you off playing Boundless?

Okay, so this might be minor and nit-picky but I hate the way the day / night cycle is balanced. It’s like 12 hours of night and 4 of daylight. I would like to appreciate things in daylight as well as night time. Plus, it is easier for me to build when there is daylight. Don’t get me wrong. I like to see everything all lit up and how the light plays around the buildings at night time. Balance of day and night would be very nice.

1 Like

What turns me off playing? nothing really… its a great game :heart: .

Some suggestions that could bring more players to the game- which will help retain the current player base.

Move boundless to F2P on all platforms to increase player volumes. (any accounts that have payed gleam-club or backed from day one should receive added bonuses)- im sure you will increase annual turn over due to in-game transactions… According to SuperData, free-to-play console games saw a 458% increase in revenue in 2018

Improve region servers (Laggggg is my only hate, i have only a few hours a day where i can play with playable connections.)

Thats all from me.
@james @Leahlemoncakes

3 Likes

Using rapid iteration through community test servers, develop a dramatically improved New Player Experience through to “endgame” (top tier tools and one of each standard machine fully coiled), including fixing the forging RNG problem (skill over persistence).

Then, develop a wider variety of types of cosmetic items, possibly including player suggestions or contributions. This could include costumes, tool skins, etc. Then launch a battlepass-like system using the new Halo Infinite style “buy it any time and complete it any time” type pass along with a FTP relaunch.

Once that’s out, if revenue is restored, release roadmaps showing endgame improvements, titans, the remaining backer rewards, and deliver them.

This is what I would plan.

3 Likes

I agree mate

1 Like

I had not played in a while and when I came back it seemed there was a haze or fog in the sky on almost every planet. I remember it looking much better than it does for me at the moment.

Other gripes:

It seems like if it isn’t dark it is raining

lack of players _ empty settlements, dead portals, empty shops

lack of creature variety _ no sea life

5 Likes

Paka and fellow fans regarding special exos, Lovestruck and Color Cycling -

Can-I-Have-Some-More-Meme

Devs -

Smails

:anguished: :frowning_face: :pleading_face: :weary: :sob: :sob: :sob:

11 Likes

This trailer. Still irritates me that it’s not an accurate representation of the game, since it uses EA Footage…

6 Likes

Boundless trailer be like “If you think this looks cool, you might like a similar game called Boundless”

10 Likes

I mean, I feel like we’re a little past the phase when they’d be looking to make a new trailer, soooo… Yeah.

lack of new content for the last 2 years

5 Likes

I joined the game about a year after it came out. You’d think a new trailer had been done by then…

2 Likes

Using BUTT is a huge turn off without coordinates for me ATM. I’m expected to roam an entire planet looking for these random places? GTFO

1 Like

I agree on some with you, this trailer is out dated, personally I would prefer the old color palette to the current one, some mobs and those famous titans never released. But for the rest the trailer still reflects the current state of the game.

They still improved :joy:

Steam Early Access Launch Trailer - Indie DB

Butt is a very useful tool, if I may give you a tip, note the planet of the desired resource, once on that planet use your knowledge base by either selecting the shop via “buy from” which will create a waypoint, if you are in a hub try to go through the portals that are there to find the one that can bring you closer to the stand you are searching.

3 Likes

Where is “buy from?” I’m not seeing that anywhere and didn’t know it was a thing

Got to your Knowledge in-game, search for example Diamond Hammer click on it and you will see 2 tabs " Buy From" Sell to" click on the shop you want and it creates you a waypoint on the current planet, give a try :blush:

If nothing appear it means no one is buying or selling what you looking for

3 Likes

You’re awesome. I had no idea I could do that. I spent hours yesterday wandering planets never finding what I wanted and logged out upset lol…

7 Likes

You welcome keep going and have fun :blush:

6 Likes

What are you looking for? There are those like me who if we have it, will either give it or sell at a discount, or just meet up and help you harvest it.

3 Likes

Well I built the Star looking building from trailer in Cookie Kingdom Boop

2 Likes