Boundless' name for Halloween?

Most games celebrate the ‘earth’ holidays, some give them their own names. Does Boundless have a name for Halloween? If it doesn’t, can we vote to give it a community chosen name? The person who made up the winning name can be given a Halloween colored planet as a prize, lol :wink: Same for Christmas for that matter :wink:
I’m mostly being silly, but i am curious about the name.

2 Likes

Halloortween… :unamused: :neutral_face:

1 Like

So Christmas has a name, so to be fair…we need one now…hmmm…lemme soo
I like that Halloortween has oort in it but it’s a bit of a tongue twister lol.

All Hallowed Oorts
Oortoween …ewww
Hallowoort

Balloween?

Regards,

Oort Hallow’s Eve

2 Likes

Looking into Halloween’s origins, and the Celtic and Roman holidays/traditions that combined and were eventually reappropriated by Christians were pretty similar concepts. Mostly about dead souls returning, for better or worse.

So what can we relate that to in Boundless? The souls of players who left are returning? :man_shrugging:

Also it seems the word Halloween is literally just All Hallow’s Eve mushed into itself over time through lazy speech. So… come up with a 3-word phrase for whatever meaning is agreeable and drop the harder letters lol.

If we consider what the event means to our universe, all that really happens is plants drop spooky seeds. And as a 2 week event, it isn’t much of an eve. With that we get Spooky Seed Fortnight, or “Spooseeforn”

2 Likes

I like that one!

OK, LOL, I like that one too :wink:

1 Like

did u mean Foortnite?

2 Likes

Well there should be more holidays commemorating Fortnite of course.

1 Like

I always call it Oortʊɪn. :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

As Christmas is called Oortmas
Halloween should be called Oortween :boundless:

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Flag. All. Posts. Referencing. The. Plaque. Called. Fortnite. AGHHHHHHH!

*if I see that name on this forum one more time… Grrrr :skull:

**Looks up… Oh s#!t! Flags own post! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

We can make fun of the plague now that it’s in decline!

I think the Oortmas pun makes a lot more sense than throwing Oort anywhere into Halloween though. As Christmas is a ‘mass’ celebrating ‘Christ’, the Oortmas event is our celebration of Oort and all it’s done for the advancement of our civilization. Oortween would just be the eve of Oort Day which would be a redundant celebration.

Not that I’m taking this seriously :thinking: but if we’re gonna assign a different name to it I say we do it right and come up with something our Oortian alter-egos would be celebrating (or warding off).

Could take the easy way out and say it has something to do with past players. Make it tradition to clear your friends list of quitters :joy:

But for real we should establish a reason for the season first, then name it. GO!

Well, it seems to be an idea to spiders, so it could center around that.