Boundless now self published on Steam

dang james i understand now making games is expensive we atleast need 1000 billion dollars for bound cause to make this it costs 10 billion one positive you can do work for your boss there euhmmm nvm lolz
:laughing:

1 Like

1 Like

it takes a very special kind of rich idiot to invest Billions of USD into a game, and come out with something that is about the same as the Nintendoā€™s Mii

The Metaverse is a joke, and an very costly one at that.

2 Likes

4 Likes

look on the good side hes making game builders rich that then can focus on there personal ideas

Iā€™m beginning to think that the ā€œnewsā€ @james said was exciting and coming is actually just the return of the birthday event and there are no other plans for this game.

2 Likes

idk, that isnā€™t ā€œBoundlessā€™ futureā€, and I donā€™t think James has been deliberately misleading in the past. IMO, his track record is failure to follow through, not misrepresenting plans.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fair and I hope youā€™re right.

2 Likes

Is everyone still crying in the corner in this thread? I saw tears dripping out of here on the main page :joy:

want-need-this

7 Likes

south-park

5 Likes

Itā€™s misleading to show protectors, guardianā€™s, titans, and ancient ruins as content but fail to follow through at all. My source: playboundless.com

I made a deliberate separation of ā€œdeliberate misleadingā€ from ā€œfailure to follow throughā€. As far as any tangible evidence shows, they had every intention to release all of that content, they just failed. It wasnā€™t all a ruse from the beginning.

The one and only exception Iā€™m aware of being the trailer that shows unreleased mobs and no ā€œcoming soonā€ disclaimer.

Understood, I am just expressing my distaste for feeling mislead

1 Like

as long as some of the peeps i survived the rona with are still around, itā€™s no ghost town for me

8weeks. GG

2 Likes

Hey man, come on, itā€™s not 8 weeks for another 9 hours! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I would imagine we would get a response pretty fast if everyone canceled their sov worlds overnight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ā€¦

For me, Iā€™m giving @james until the 11th of Sept (the anniversary) to share the news. If he doesnā€™t share anything then my sovereigns will all burn out, Iā€™ll not renew gleam club and Iā€™ll likely quit the game altogether.

1 Like

I am disappointed and maybe a litte frustrated by the lack of timely communication, but Iā€™m renting a sovereign, not Jamesā€™ time.

2 Likes

So Iā€™m normally critical of the way things are, and Iā€™m not enthused by the absence of communication, but the only thing that has changed is the provider. Ultimately if people have been happily paying for gleam and sovereigns to date and this is what changed your mind, chances are they were looking for a reason to do so anyway, and maybe a break will be a good thing.

The only thing problem is that James made the unfortunate mistake of saying thereā€™d be stuff coming without following through with that (for whatever reasonā€¦ maybe something came up that they hadnā€™t foreseen?). If he hadnā€™t, people would probably be less upset. I mean, theyā€™d still be upset because it would mean he hadnā€™t communicated anything meaningful in even longer, but probably less so than they are now.

5 Likes