Boundless now self published on Steam

Yea. I remember buying this and thinking it was a minecraft mmo game right before release. No real clear guidance on how to play it and I didnt see anyone for an entire week. I did quit for a bit and started back up again with a different thought process on my expectations of what I thought the game was going to be initially upon purchase.

It is a pretty niche game after all. The graphics of an updated minecraft with the complexity of a eve online spreadsheet simulator in certain aspects mixed with personalities who take playing beyond the next level of emotional attachment. I can see why it would be not fun to play in some isolated scenarios.

But looking forward to the update!

4 Likes

This is generally an issue with anything thatā€™s ā€œsmall businessā€, I feel. If youā€™re more personal with clients, even just a bit, itā€™s easily taken for granted while allowing the business side of the relationship to kind of get lost in there. People start to expect your personal time, because youā€™re not just a faceless thing like many companies we see every day, companies which in some cases canā€™t even be addressed at all by an average human being.

While Iā€™ve been upset at the game in the past too, I also partly donā€™t get the level of some of the stuff thatā€™s happened in this thread. :confused:

5 Likes

Is today the day we get the exciting information I hope so.

( X ) Doubt

2 Likes

Iā€™d say actual release anniversary rather than start of event (as all events are stretched for around 2 weeks wrapping around the central date).

2 Likes

Well hopefully your right and itā€™s not any longer than that

2 Likes

Just highlighting this :slight_smile: And thatā€™s my Ā£0.02 haha

4 Likes

I, too, love horrible customer service in a live service game.

/s

5 Likes

I live for horrible customer service, not gonna lie :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

In all seriousness, I would be shocked if we didnā€™t hear anything by Sept 11. That said, I guess I shouldnā€™t beā€¦

2 Likes

Honestly, I agree. I have been holding off my opinion for the most part (50/50 anyway), hoping that something would be said by 11/09. I still live in hope that they will.

4 Likes

I would be mildly surprised if we heard anything before the end of the year. with how long 249 has been on testing, my expectations for pretty much everything about this game are at zero.

The main thing that stops me from just flat out quitting the game is the fact that I have invested well over 2000 hours into my build, So at this time I simply maintain my build and portal hub since the idea of losing 2000 hours of work is not really a happy one,

Maybe they update the game, maybe they donā€™t, I kind of stopped caring at this point since FF14 has been treating me nicely for the time being.

If you donā€™t have any hopes or expectations for the game, then you canā€™t have any disappointments.

In the event they update the game, I will start doing more in it again. At this point the Forums offer more amusement then the game itself

7 Likes

I wouldnā€™t anticipate Boundless seeing any meaningful development until after Balderā€™s Gate 3 releases in early '23. That is, assuming Larian doesnā€™t turn around and announce a new project in the works after. I think it was Early '20 when James last said 249 was close but hitting delays because they were struggling to allocate dev time and I dont see that situation changing until after the release and subsequent post release support of BG3.
If I were to place a bet I would guess late summer/early fall '23 at the soonest.
I expect to see pitchforks and torches out my window any moment nowā€¦

7 Likes

Although I wasnā€™t going to chime in on this topic anymore - it was starting to get to me too much and when anything game related becomes upsetting, it is time to step away - I do want to add another possibility/thought here in fairness to James and to sort of mitigate some of my previous negativity.

Looking at the info online, James isnā€™t the only major stakeholder with Turbulenzā€¦ have to consider that it is possible he might not be a majority owner even. It could be, especially if there was any sort of falling out behind the scenes, if he were to say anything here that could hurt the gameā€™s revenue he could be putting himself at some liability risk if they wanted to make a stink about it. That said, if it turns out we get some bad news here, in retrospectā€¦ Iā€™m actually going to assume this was the case and give him respect for his silence, for not leading us on. Weā€™ll never know for sure if it IS the case in that situation, but Iā€™ll give him benefit of the doubt and assume it. Things like people trying to help going without a response then, it becomes more like that was his only way of trying to warn us without sticking out his own neck.

3 Likes

I figured out the Big announcement james-chan Kids are old enough to play Boundless this is exciting News \ (^-^) / :cookie:

@james -chan am I right :heart:

4 Likes

Ok for the Birthday event I noticed you can purchase most of the event items but are the body paints excluded?
Plus were missing 2 Head Gears

• Snow Globe
  • Guiding star

Was this intentional? @james -chan @Leahlemoncakes -chan. @blake -chan

(Sorry didnā€™t wanna make a seperate subject for this)

4 Likes

I was wondering that - my alt would really like skelly bones

4 Likes

I want to say it was when the community manager left - I remember when it happened too. Was sad to see him go.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be shocked if we did. After 8 weeks (and a few years) of nothing, I canā€™t see a week more being any different

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Moved Off Topic Posts