Boundless now self published on Steam

I have enough Ichor for a lot of those … not that I would probably use them much … but they’d sell good :stuck_out_tongue:

Correct, just checked on a local universe instance.

These are also new additions if I remember correctly.

5 Likes

BOO let me paint gleam already…

3 Likes

Haven’t read any other replies. HOD… DEATH guild will always be kickin around… Thanks for the update.

6 Likes

Just came back from the dead to say I’m really excited to hear that the game might still be receiving updates.

If that’s the case it might be enough to bring me and a few other folks back, so super hyped!

11 Likes

Look How Pretty they are I stocked on Ichor so I can pass out Free insta Release from the Death Penalty when ever I see good deeds from other Oortians

3 Likes

1633067810_35081_gif-url

5 Likes

James said nothing about updates it’s been 2 years. Boundless future could just mean a complete wipe or they are selling the Ip to a bigger company 249 may never come. All we know is something is going to happen with boundless which is more than nothing. I’m hoping the studio they have been working with gets involved with this game could be an epic movement in the right direction.

5 Likes

Wahoo… that is awesome. Although I generally avoid the forums, I’m super glad of this post. <3

Pretty sure I have two worlds getting low on fuel… I always worry a teensy bit when I refuel, without updates, but I LOVE this game so I do it anyway…

Yay!

Thanks @james

7 Likes

ahah, go wonder why the fk

Yesh that the Honost way to say it

but I would say just let everyone get the hopes up for a bit it bring back more players back to the game for a bit lol little bit of happiness is great (^-^)

Every time I think of wipe I think I want my $600 back for having gleamclub to keep my builds fueled forever

2 Likes

I know a lot of people would be upset with a wipe, but I think I’d be ok with it personally. Sure, I’d have to start over, sure I would lose MANY months’ worth of work I’ve done, but in the end, I would be happy to see all the ashed areas go away and as much as I am a historian and want to preserve things, a fresh start almost feels welcoming at this point.

The game is no longer what it was when it started and as much as I would hate to see all these builds no longer exist, new ones would come along and replace them.

As James stated though they will continue to maintain it, I am in hopes that includes maintaining it AS-IS. I suppose we shall see.

I am just glad there has been some action and communication. Granted two communications don’t make up for a year of silence, but I’ll accept it.

So Are We Gonna Get a “Apology” from the Devs Ghosting us Suprised No one has brought this up

“I honestly Don’t Care I’ll :heart: the game no matter what”

but I do think that Most the Community Deserves one Me Think

3 Likes

Is that your speculation or do you know that?

I know it.

10 Likes

I might be on board with a planet wipe, but not a character/reclaim wipe. Mostly because i’d like to see the “intended for private worlds” tech of multi-teired planets (basically true biomes on a planet complete with resources, and hazards) come to the main universe.

I’m actually thinking about doing a build wipe anyway, I kind of did a soft one awhile ago, leaving only my most time consuming build left standing. But that still leaves me with all the effort i put into getting the blocks (just not the effort of placing and shaping them). I think I might have found a small spot to build near where I was at with at least one or two other active players… still thinking hard about if I’m wanting to actually setup a base there or just make something to show off i guess lol.

2 Likes

I’d be happy just to see this as a sov option, tbh.

2 Likes

That would be nice too

As stated by James over time Boundless existed:

1. No wipe of perma universe
  2. Will continue maintaining the game

As for the news we will have to wait and see.
Good there is something happening.

8 Likes

What does this mean? Referencing something from the world generator in the update?

There’s no chance there will ever be a full wipe without a blueprint system already in place, but it’s possible to update existing worlds for new developments.

1 Like