Boundless Raytracing?

With the new 30 Series cards announced at great prices, i know many of us who are planing on upgrading already.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/
Maybe something to look forward to in the way way way future? :stuck_out_tongue:
:blue_heart:

5 Likes

12 Likes

Thatā€™s super creepy

3 Likes

yes please. This game with ray tracig would be super cool

1 Like

Iā€™d be afraid of the impact RTX would have on the performance while playing Boundless. I remember hearing that Minecraft with RTX on was quite demanding.

But sure, with the 3080 (let alone the BFGPU, 3090ā€¦), that would likely not be a problem.
And I now feel like an idiot for upgrading my computer with a 2060 RTX a few months agoā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t exist if you play Java edition. Microsoft/Mojang doesnā€™t plan on introducing it to Java as well.

That said, my RTX 2070 doesnā€™t seem to have issues with anything running Raytracing.

1 Like

Well, Doom Eternal makes my GPU heat like crazy, the first time, it legit scared me, I thought it was going to explode because I messed the wires or something. ^^ā€™

1 Like

Lighting certainly still needs a lot of work in boundless.
my ā€œoldā€ 1070 still runs pretty great (g12 + an aio helps) but will pre-order a 3080 asapā€¦canā€™t resist, feel helpless trying to resist such specsā€¦

1 Like

Ive upgraded 3 months ago to rtx 2070super so i know your pain :confused: nvidia trolled us hardā€¦

1 Like

well i have rtx 2070 super and i barely seen any fps increase in boundless compared to my old gtx 950 i had in cities 35 fps and i still have. altough i replaced entire system spec. cpu gpu ram etc. boundless is sadly still poorly optimised ;/

1 Like

Yeah so imagine Boundless with RTX.

2 Likes

actually gpu woudnt be strugglingā€¦ even now gpu is loaded with around 40% with bundless. dunno why not 100% :frowning: probably as i said before. poor optimizing and resource usage :confused:

1 Like

This sounds like a different issue then. I have an RTX 2060 super (upgrading to 3080 soon) and I get 80-90+ frames with all settings maxed out. What CPU and how much RAM do you have?

2 Likes

Iā€™d be afraid of the impact RTX would have on the performance while playing Boundless. I remember hearing that Minecraft with RTX on was quite demanding.

This is true, but in every raytracing game Iā€™ve played so far, itā€™s a toggle option in the graphics settings. Iā€™d imagine itā€™d be the same in Boundless. That way a lower end PC user isnā€™t forced into it.

1 Like

Well of course, obviously, no game-dev would force RTX on its playerbase. ^^ā€™
I never implied it would be.

What I meant was that RTX in a game like Boundless (a Minecraft-like) could be more demanding than in your random adventure game.

1 Like

cpu: ryzen 5 3600x gpu: rtx 2070 super ram: ddr4 hyperx 32gb but this problem drags from a long time ago :confused: so nothing new. just game not optimized :confused: some configurations works really well while some not so good :confused:

1 Like

Gotcha. Something still seems strange there, but I donā€™t know :man_shrugging:. I guess other games probably work fine for you?

2 Likes

yeah no problem :smiley: as i said this is a persistent problem with boundless :smiley: at least for me :confused:

2 Likes

Boundless uses around 27% of my GPU.
boundlessCPUGPUstats

1 Like

unless you have a lower end gpu, boundless is more likely to be cpu limited particularly with highest terrain detail levels

4 Likes