Boundless Roadmap ?!?

That I do.

1 Like

I disagree. There is a steady stream of revenue from gleam club and sales.

Guys, how many games have you purchased that were released and that’s it? You bought their game. It doesn’t mean you’re somehow entitled to weekly status reports, annual status reports, or any reports. Give it a rest and either enjoy the game we have and be happy about updates or don’t. They’ve said they’re not doing roadmaps. This isn’t an agile project for a corporate structure where they need to do a sprint review for us.

3 Likes

We didn’t post on Trello the roadmap, they did. We are just asking what happened to it. A fair question, since all these plans were put out there by them in '18 and '19.

They answered. No roadmaps because player base got bent out of shape when priorities shifted. That’s how agile works and player base isn’t trained in and doesn’t understand agile. It makes sense, we got our answer, enjoy the game, stop asking for a roadmap because they said they won’t. Complaining about a roadmap at this point is like spamming an author when their next book will come out when they’ve said they won’t do deadlines anymore

5 Likes

I don’t worry James passion for his little baby is to boundless :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Sadly tho we also see nothing to confirm the opposite…

But…

What we do see is a dev team that simply adores the game and am sure will have a hard time to give it up. If they would do other things besides working on our beloved game to get some income in order to keep our beloved game going that is really not a huge issue, what I am worried about is that people might see the silence and slowing down of updates as if they stopped caring about the game and just do the minimal needed. I do not believe they are but really do think we can use a few words once in a while so we know what they are up to!

I have good hope we will hear something new about rental worlds within weeks, perhaps even this week!

2 Likes

Me too

Even if it’s not the private works I feel like we will get something nice soon

Also let’s keep in mind that the dev team has not been working on optimal condition due our common nemesis corona

3 Likes

“Speculations aside, seeing is believing. I hope they are booming with wealth and BIG content is coming, that would be fantastic. I have thousands of hours in this game. Bring it on!”

I dont think we are complaining. We are enjoying the game with a passion. Some passions run deeper than others.

2 Likes

Yup, they seem to be in crunch mode and we have absolutely no idea what they are working on, well am sure part of the team is working on rental worlds, at least one is probably busy with extending the scripting stuff (hey @dave!), but the rest? Hmmmm. Let the imagination run wild!

Perhaps lances and shields? Combat overhaul? Perhaps the once mentioned crafting overhaul with partly automated stuffs? And those are only things we DO know they could be working on…

Tho, something totally new, new game mechanics like a fishing update (with many new mats and recipes to craft new foods, brews AND blocks/items we can use to build with) is what I would love the most (besides rental worlds, rental worlds first, hmmok?! :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

All of that sounds exciting!

1 Like

IDK how it affects the revenue situation but they do have a web engine and two other titles.

I have no idea how active they are though or if they’re under any sort of active development.

Yeah I know right, even web base game engine.

I mean, I’d love to see rental worlds and creative plus more, but being realistic here

1 Like

Whats up DK good to see you!

1 Like

My dream update:

• combat overhaul, new creatures and lances and shields
  • fishing, water life, more water plants, new recipes for foods/brews and blocks/items
  • rental worlds
  • extended creative mode with many, many more scripting APIs and ways to mod things like textures but also the ability to add new blocks and items
  • a whole slew of interactive blocks with which we can make our own content on Live servers, simple moving objects, sliding doors, doors, even hidden ones, that can open when certain conditions are met (would love if they used a very scaled down scripting API for this so we can add a small script to a block so we can change it’s behaviour on many conditions, check if a player is a member of a certain faction/guild, has an item in their inventory, preferably hand even, etc.)
  • crafting overhaul with automated things, set a machine to only make diamond hammers, once you drop enough mats in there for a masscraft it auto starts to craft them, etc.
  • furniture and other items to make some beautiful insides to go with the lovely buildings some of us make, BUT also usable this time, chairs we can actually sit in
  • more emotes, sleep would be nice when they add beds for instance, auto heals and gives full energy
  • adding ALL in-game icons of mats as ‘emojis’ so we can display them on signs
  • in-game screenshot mode where we can change all kinds of settings, move the camera freely about, but also change the time of day
  • ability to use screenshots as ‘emojis’

And am sure I have forgotten a few things in this quick list that I would love to see!

5 Likes

Sounds awesome!

Yeah, one can dream!

@james, make it happen! This ‘little’ update will be perfect as a birthday gift for me! Plenty of time! So get cracking!

2 Likes

Once upon a time I heard about tiered caves/monsters! I know thats alot of work and code time but WOW.

2 Likes

Hey freeze!

1 Like