Boundless seems to slow internet

Ive been experiencing alot of lag. Normally i have 150-200mbs down and 20mbs up but lately i’ve been getting 0.5 and 0.5. At first i thought it had something to do with my laptop but later on i noticed that its only lagging when im starting boundless. When i start speedtest and i start up boundless i see the speed going down. I close boundless and speed goes up. Does boundless in any way limit the rest of the pc’s bandwith? I cant even use discord next to boundless… (im not lagging in boundless btw)

Regards, Drive

More like boundless uses all of the bandwidth. You can reduce the bandwidth boundless uses in settings options. This may make chunks take longer to load.

3 Likes

I second what he said, there are so many options for boundless as far as speeding it up too, but yeah what he said

i can only change the amount for chunks but it doesnt do anything. Still get 0.5mbs even if i put everything on lowest. Wouldnt make sense if it worked either since i can play on my desktop no problem.

Laptop:
Lenovo legion y520
8gb ram
gtx 1060
i7-7700hq
network card: qualcomm atheros QCA61x4A (wireless)

Desktop:
z97s SLI krait motherboard
8gb ddr3
palit geforce gtx 970
i5 4460

i tried connecting with cable and wifi on laptop, same result both

there is your issue the i5-44 series are more stable than any i7 (almost) when it comes to rendering and etc

If your seeing the same with the cable as wifi then check Task Manager to see if there is anything stressed. It shows CPU, network use and even GPU use (on modern one). On the Performance tab check your getting the expected frequency - eg some laptop plugging into the main power can make it run faster.

If you turned on unlimited FPS try changing it back to 60hz to free up more CPU resource.

1 Like

im not experiencing any lag ingame, it seems as if boundless reserves all bandwith so the rest of the programs dont have any left. I dont see how the cpu would cause that :thinking:

Yea did that, cpu, gpu and network arent capped out at all. I have the laptop in the power socket. Will try the fps thing but seeing as the cpu isnt capped i guess it wont make much of a difference

Since today, with a 100-120 mBits line, around 25 up, it feels like laying Stones and chiseling is done trough a ,millisecond barrier. Not used to that.
After a check, no Alarms from my ISP.

I play Boundless on the PS4 but do see my speeds drop from playing it. I usually run around 75mb download and 7.1 upload on wifi with the PS4. When I check the internet speed after playing Boundless it usually dropped my speed down to around 65mb download and 3.5 upload. I know it probably slows speed down some but not enough to make a huge difference on the PS4. It sounds more like there is something going wrong with your internet or the computer itself. It shouldn’t drop your speeds drastically like that if it doesn’t do on the PS4 because usually PC’s have better equipment than the PS4 for parts. You might want to check to see if all the parts in your PC are running properly and are good. Just a thought of mine. I’m not much of a tech guru.

1 Like