Boundless[testing] shut down by Avast, can't re-open [RESOLVED]

So I’m not sure this can/should even be addressed at this point but I’m running into an issue with the Test version and my antivirus software.

I’m running the pro version of Avast antivirus and upon opting into and running the test version today (didn’t have problems doing so before today’s update), I received a warning that “this file may contain something bad”. Couldn’t open Boundless again after that, even after Avast confirmed there were no malicious files (obviously).

Was previously able to solve this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but this time I cannot open the testing server despite reinstalling

Not sure yet if I can fix by opting out of the test and trying live server yet, but I didn’t want to try before posting this and also admitting that I’m not sure where to find the crash/dump files or whatever you may need to be able to see what’s happening.

I think this is a known issue with Avast which others have experienced as well. It’s to do with the way the main game executable is updated when switching to/from the beta. Something in there that Avast doesn’t like unfortunately.

I actually uninstalled Avast from my machine and went with an alternate antivirus instead. Avast was being a little too over-zealous in locking down my machine, to the point that it was actually noticeably slowing it down.

1 Like

I use Avast - simply deactivate all shields for 10 minutes before starting the game.

check your avast virus container. I solved it, there was some data in this folder i just placed it out of there into the original folder. Seems like avast thinks this is some sort of malware or so, but we know better :wink:

1 Like

yes, its more like awesomeware :heart_eyes: (I’ve just maded a word :joy: )

3 Likes

That’s done it! Thank you immensely good sir! And thank you as well @boundmore I I will be disabling the shields every time i start up the test version to avoid more problems in the future :smiley:

1 Like