Boundless Universal Trade Tracker [BUTT] 2.0

Tried that as well and doesn’t show the new event items for me …

I’ve refrained from adding the imageless items (waiting for the automatic method to be ready) to the catalog, they should be searchable though.

1 Like

Wow , k , just got that I was filtering in stead of searching lol , thanks

Yeah sorry about that, I should add them to the catalog too, just my perfectionism wanting to hide the imageless stuff, I shouldn’t let it get in the way of usability :sweat_smile:

edit: Added them to the catalog :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, first of all, I love your site nice work and cheers mate!

So the main reason I am writing here today is 2 things, one is a suggestion and the other is a question. I will just start with the question. Is there any API for the site/data the site stores?

As for the suggestion, it would be super awesome if there was some sort of “Deal” option or “Courier” mode. Basically for the deal mode it would be simple, just have it list items that are selling for below average or maybe a certain percent of the avg (config by the searcher).

For the courier mode it would be super nice to have it show items that are selling for less than what some people are requesting them for. This last mode “courier mode” I think could have a great impact on how often request baskets actually get filled while making a courier job more possible. The idea being they could make a small profit for taking the time to transport the items. This could of course have options too to further filter the results based on profit to help the player know if it is worth the effort or not.

Bonus: not sure how much work it would be, but to further this idea it could be cool if it also calculated the blinksec distance between the shop stand and request baskets based on planet locations. This is of course something people could figure out on their own that isn’t too complicated, but could be another layer of QoL.

At any rate, I love the site and it has helped me immensely and really allowed me to make sense of all the chaos as a new player. Keep up the good work! I really appreciate it. Sorry if these ideas have already been submitted too, I did try to read a bunch of the comments in this topic and skimmed what I could. I didn’t notice any, but I could of missed it too.

Zelow.

P.S. Nice BUTT!

2 Likes

The data is served through a simple “api”, but there’s zero documentation and it’s designed for butt specifically, which means it can change as butt’s needs change. Angellus has “boundlexx” which is a more robust api with 800% more features, should come up a forum search.

The deal and courier modes were forbidden by the devs, anything that automates the process too much seems to be off limits :thinking: It’s a muddy grey area since I’m positive someone has made a private tool that does the exact thing you’re asking for.

Quote from james

"If the tool started saying: “here is a list of items+location to buy from and another location to sell to” so that you can make loads of money <— then this is a clear unfair + automated advantage.

So the line is about the different between a fun tool vs an unfair money making scheme."

4 Likes

Hey, “courier mode” made me 3.7 million :slight_smile:
If it is implemented, I’ll have fierce competition :smiley:

ps. I’m a hoarder, I can’t sell anything because of the thought that “I might need this later”.
pps. That amount of coin is of course, useless.

Regards,

1 Like

Darn, this is kind of ironic tho lol. I see it as unfair to not have a public tool like this. For a few reasons, one being that some people may not be well informed enough of even aware of the possibility of buying from shop stands and selling to request baskets for profit. A mode like this would allow those less equipped with the math skills to figure it out. Thus creating an actual unfair advantage for those that do. This to me sounds the same as out lawing guns, those who don’t care about the rules could just make their own tools for this with no one really knowing the wiser while others have to do it the hard way. I mean, will criminals stop using guns if they are made illegal? lol

Another reason this would be good is that it would promote more sales, and cause more request baskets to get filled and shops making sales. There are sooooo many request baskets willing to pay more than some shops are selling the items for. This increase of sales on both ends would cause more coin to sink into the games money sinks (in this case the sales tax) and thus increase the value of the coin at the same time.

And as far as fun goes, I would find it A LOT more fun if I could just know where to go as quickly as possible when doing this sort of thing. As it is now, it is just hardly worth and makes sense as to why people are asking for more than some shops are charging. It is just easier to set a price in a request basket and log off hoping it will be filled then waste actual game time (depending on what you like to do in the game, you might want to focus on building or, crafting or what ever) looking around for these deals trying to make a coin or two. Just becomes unfeasible if you still want to actually have fun in the game too.

I strongly encourage the devs to reconsider their stance on that. Plus add more features to their market systems. To include things like forge stats, block tint colors, and other little things that it currently doesn’t include. Any idea how bad it sucks to travel across the universe hoping to sell some stone for a seemingly good price only to find out they wanted a specific color your didn’t bring with you?

Just my thoughts from years of playing MMOs and economic based games in the past. I do like Boundless’ current economy, I just feel some of these changes could bring it closer to a perfect one. The way it is now tho, supports con artists and rip off deals now too much. That isn’t cool in my opinion.

2 Likes

I certainly see the value in a courier profession. That is the reason I would like to see some improvements to both the tools were allowed to use and even some in game features. I think something like this can even the playing field as well as improve sales across the board for everyone.

2 Likes

As far as I understand the problem is that people who don’t know about that specific 3rd party resource which tells you the best deals in an automated manner will be at a disadvantage. I won’t argue for or against it since there’s nothing I can do about it really, but I see where they’re coming from.

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, but they could offer links to these sources from with in the game and then that issue is solved. Can’t help people that aren’t willing to at least look into things or follow advice given to them. I dunno, just feels, unfortunate. So many little things that could be done to really take this game to better heights.

1 Like

not sure how well that would work for ps4 players.

2 Likes

They would open an internet compatible device (Phone, computer, I think even the PS4 has a browser) and they would type out the link given to them. Seems easy enough to me.

edit: If they don’t have the internet, then I am not sure how they are even playing the game in the first place. I mean, how do you expect them to use the forums?

You don’t expect everyone to use the forums…not everyone does.

4 Likes

That’s an unfair advantage then. There is a wealth of information on here.

Any plans for adding chrome web app support? I love that feature on boundlexx.

Haven’t thought about it, ideas what would it improve? :slight_smile:

Well, im not sure of the specifics on how to implement it, but when I go to boundlexx.app or these forums on my android phone I can go to the 3 dots and select install app. This adds an icon to my desktop that treats the shortcut as its own app(no chrome bookmarks or url bar) and saves my actual browser from getting a million tabs lol. Your site is amazing tho and this is only a minor thing, but would be pretty nice for me.

Ah so you mean only the “tabless shortcut” part, no background notifications etc.

Just like the forum, the first time you open the forum it promps a message asking if you want to add it to your home screen. If you do it adds an icon that launches the forum in full screen and it looks like an app.

2 Likes