Boundless Universal Trade Tracker [BUTT] 2.0

https://butt.boundless.mayumi.fi/

Version 2.0 is now out with API integration! Automatic price updates about once an hour.

There’s also a plethora of new features and QoL fixes to the website. To name a few

• Item icons
  • More responsive design for small and large screens
  • New sidebar with a full item catalog and favorites for easier & faster navigation (still a bit WIP, especially the favorite management)

As always if you see something that looks odd, let me know :slight_smile:

64 Likes

This is awesome!!

Hoping it works, not a lot of testing has been done, the harvester has some kinks that might make it throw errors :sweat_smile:

One thing I can already see, seems its not worth to sell coils when theres so many selling for cheaper then me ahah.

On topic, awesome work as always Mayumichi, il see what I can do about scanning

1 Like

It’s a bit weird that people are processing the resources and losing money while doing it. Maybe they just don’t realise. But I’m optimistic that this will make prices more logical when you can see the real prices of things currently on the market, we’ll see :smiley:

On the scanning, just having the thing run in the background while normal play works pretty well, every time I go back home or visit a mall for more than a few minutes, the planet gets a full update. If more people start doing that it’d be pretty good.

3 Likes

Is there any way to hide tiny results? Say, items there are less than 5 of in stock? A lot of the results are “junk” eg who cares if there’s a piece of hard coal for 1c if there’s only one of it.

Not yet, but I too was thinking it would be useful. Probably will make it configurable, since some items aren’t wanted in big volume. This is just the first version to get the basic functionality tested, lots of other stuff I’ve been thinking about :smiley:

1 Like

Why tariff tracker? I’d go with “trade tracker” maybe

The full name was just a forced thing from the acronym, and since you don’t really trade (or track actual trades) on the website I was looking for another word. But maybe trade would be more fitting than tariff :thinking: I simply refer to it as butt :smiley:

Missing Gleam :persevere:

Would it be useful? The data only contains the top 15 results per planet, and no color info.

For marble makers(refined) and for gleam chest makers(tho that’s refined too lol) it would be useful.

1 Like

wow, I love the shorten name.

3 Likes

I’ll add it to the list then:)

In the end I’d like to have preset lists that are pulled from the server, which you can easily switch between, but I’d need the harvester to change a bit for that to be possible. The dream would be to integrate all this in to the harvester itself. Ok the real dream would be a dev sanctioned api I could poll so all the data is automatically updated, but that’s probably a long way off :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Along with the rest of the meta data like forge properties and colors :sleeping:

4 Likes

I’ll try to get my price harvester open source so you can make this one app. sorry for the delay

6 Likes

Nice. That’s the only way some people like me will use it (since i cant run your software in a VM). Hard to trust software from unknown sources. Will read the code build and then use it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

basically pick a couple of planets and keep your region up to date… should be possible as a community :smiley:

2 Likes

so running this with the price harvester i never get a prompt that its uploading anything to the server

Lol, butt…

2 Likes