Boundless Universal Trade Tracker [BUTT] 2.0

I cannot even tell you how excited I am about this. Flipping is half my game, and I’ve got to get interplanetary.

3 Likes

:rofl: Hilarious initials!

1 Like

Anyway to scan and pull the color data? Searching for a certain color or some way of determining what’s exo would be nice.

@Vansten it’s so worth selling cause u know people impulse by so they can get it now.

2 Likes

Nope, it can’t see more than the knowledge tab, so no color data :frowning:

@xyberviri I’ll pm you for more details

1 Like

A critical bug fixed in PriceSync, hope it works now :sweat_smile: The same link works, just have to redownload it PriceSync.exe

3 Likes

thx @Mayumichi 4 the great tool :heavy_heart_exclamation:

i´ll make some small basic update =)

thank you 4 this :heart_eyes::heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Just scanned all T1 to T3 for all fuel types.
#freshdata going shopping now!

2 Likes

It would be helpful if the price harvester were a little bit faster :rofl::sweat_smile:

is there a possibility :thinking: :star_struck:
the app needs at the moment 0.2% CPU / 70MB Ram / 0.1MBit/s
my system is a little bit under challenged

@Simoyd can you help me? :innocent:

I suspect it’s to keep the servers happy by not rapid firing too many requests simultaneously. If multiple people were doing that, it could affect performance.

2 Likes

Such a fantastic effort by all involved! I sooooooo wish i had a capable PC to run boundless on to help out :frowning: This is going to help (and a lot of other shopkeepers/shoppers) tremendously!

2 Likes

The throttling is not motivated by client system usage. Is to prevent the utility from affecting server performance. If it affects server performance, then they turn on encryption and nobody can use it. So I’m trying to leave a very wide berth, so that they don’t decide to kill it, so we can all keep using it.

5 Likes

Yeah good okey :sweat_smile:
Then it is probably better that we do not strain the server performance too much. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

many thanks to both of you :star_struck: You make Boundless a bit more limitless :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

cough https://lab.mayumi.fi/boundless/ cough

If you mean it’d be nice to get the prices there too, it’s on the table :wink:

1 Like

Nice? That would be beyond awesome. Thank you!

Hope to get it up sooner than later, but there is lots of stuff on that table :smiley:

1 Like

This is really a beautiful program. Unfortunately I don’t play on PC so not sure i can help with scanning/data submission. I can definitely see how useful it could be.

I did a quick search and don’t actually see any data on the markets i work in. (Plants, foliage, paints). Is the scan list only the items that are specified in the harvester file?

So basically… other items would have to be added in the future. And then possibly… if we add too many items to the list it could impact the servers ? =/

I’m not a tech person so i’m Just trying to follow.
It would be absolutely ideal if we could get access to price information across the galaxy in game - without the need for 3rd party apps. But again… this is looking great!

1 Like

Yes you’ve got it right, only the items people scan appear on the site, nobody has scanned plants yet.

The list I made is missing

• Tools
  • Food
  • Brews
  • Plants & Other props
  • Forge Ingredients
  • Augments
  • Most intermediate steps (buckets, nails, oils etc)
  • Deco like beams, poles, furniture etc.

Adding these doesn’t impact the server, it will just take longer until the harvester has gone through the whole list, the current one takes up to 10 minutes per planet, maybe more if your connection is bad.

One or two additions doesn’t increase it by a lot, so I can add something minor to it.

Maybe in the future they can make it easier to get universal price data, but for now this is the best we can do.

3 Likes

This file is editable locally right?

People are adding them already

1 Like