Butt

Please try to not judge how others play the game. If it’s not forbidden by the Code of Conduct it’s allowed.

5 Likes

but really guys, what is BUTT?

gOmfNDR45WAb6

2 Likes

https://butt.boundless.mayumi.fi/
B.U.T.T stands for Boundless Universal Trade Tracker; A website that lists the cheapest place to buy everything - people can download the program and scan planet data that gets uploaded to the website

4 Likes

Thanks for explaining :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be cool if there was a way to have a list of every item and the average price it is going for. So people had a rough idea why stuff goes for.

2 Likes

There’s already price competition per item on some items that shows people are competing with what they see and not paying any attention to what goes into the item.

1 Like

I’m a dev and I didn’t know what BUTT was so I was confused through this whole thread until someone finally explained.

7 Likes

@Mayumichi has kindly put their BUTT up for public use…

5 Likes

If you have a good way of defining the “average price” it’d be easier, as it stands I don’t have a working algorithm that would produce sensible prices for all items, it’d have to somehow filter out the outliers.

Take reactive lamella for example

No I get cha. I love the B.U.T.T. I ment for like new players setting shops up, sometimes you see crazy prices lol that will never sell.

I’ve seen other games arrive at the “average” price by removing the lowest & highest priced items. For Boundless, maybe remove the top 20% and bottom 20%?

Of course, this won’t help if there are only a few of a particular item for sale across the universe.

Keep up the great work! :blush::+1:

How do I update my prices on there?

Main thread here with more details on how it works atm, it won’t require 3rd party PC software after the shopping API goes live.

@Mayumichi you did amazing job on all this.

When does the api go live?

Thanks! ^^

@molav Only the devs know, whenever the next update goes live, could be a while as the beacon compactness seems to have met some… resistance :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi,
I was able to use the web site to search for an item and got a list of shops of any planets where the shop offers those items. But as I have not heart of most of the shops, I do not know where they are! Am I dumb that I can not ask for the coords and/or a path to each shop ?

Go to the planet, then go to Knowledge screen, search for the item there, click the Buy From tab.
Should have the same shops listed. Then when you click one of the shops a direction marker appears…

Oh yes, how could I forget this, thank you for the reminder!
I maybe was assuming that the gathering process would extract coords of the shops and they could be displayed … But this is OK also :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could make the coordinates available in the future, but I think they wouldn’t be that useful since it’s better to look it up on the knowledge to make sure the order is still available. The data on the website can be out of date pretty quickly, especially the top orders.

1 Like