Boundless Universal Trade Tracker [BUTT] 2.0

yo, @Mayumichi, would love to pick your brains as to how you’ve done all of this … i’m probably no way near your abilities in the arena, but i have a penchant for API fiddlings and might like to build some personal stuff that could evolve into things that could help the community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Back in business - just made a lot of coin!

Regards,

8 Likes

Yea, I noticed some sov planets are listed and some main planets aren’t. Hmm curious

1 Like

The update rate is a bit slower than I expected, the 400 active sovereigns seems to slow it down a bit.

6 Likes

Well it appears to be working. The Oortian universe can now proceed. Thanks much for fixing it. :pray::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Kiitos Mayumichi!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the tool. There might still be some quirks with it - do you believe it will sort itself automatically? (scans getting old / not updated)

Regards,

2 Likes

It’s the number of sovereigns slowing down the system, it won’t scan faster unless I disable sovereign scanning altogether :sweat: Unless I figure out some major optimizations, I’m not sure exactly where the bottleneck is since none of the system resources is maxed.

6 Likes

Perhaps you can have 1 scan thread for the public planets and one for the sovereigns?
I am thinking like a periodic manager with one rate for public and a slower one for sovereigns?

Regards,

That’s kind of how it’s already done.

3 Likes

I’ve temporarily disabled sovereign scanning to make shopping more enjoyable for the weekend, I’ll figure out a solution next week ^^ Apologies to all who have their shops on a sovereign, but they were updating once every 2 days so it wasn’t really working anyway, this way at least perm planets are updated in a timely manner.

15 Likes

Thank you for this tool! I hope you get a lot of praise, it is really great. There are always things to ‘improve’ with any system, but that doesn’t change that this tool is clearly a staple of the community!

Ty ty :slight_smile:

2 Likes

is the bottle neck on the api or processing of the files that are being received? like are you actually getting errors kicking back causing you to have to throttle the request?

(if its the api then there is nothing that can really be done and i imagine that it would affect everyone using the api)

1 Like

It’s not the API, for some reason my node.js application chokes when it’s firing more than 100 requests per second. I’ll have to profile it properly to find which part is the problem.

2 Likes

That doesn’t sound fun. Hopefully it’s something easy like allocating more workers or switching to an async function somewhere. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Fixed the update rates :slight_smile:

Worst case scenarios for a full planet update:

• 3h for permanent planets
  • 10h for sovereigns planets
15 Likes

You are the best @Mayumichi =)

6 Likes

Is BUTT down?

1 Like

Looks like it

2 Likes