Boundless Wiki

Hi everyone,

A number of new and some returning players have mentioned our community made wiki is out of date and could use some TLC to bring in line with what is currently in the game. Are there any souls out there willing to add content, update and maintain the wiki to help new users get into the game?

https://boundless.gamepedia.com/Boundless_Wiki

You’ll be rewarded with a Forum badge for your efforts. :wink:

10 Likes

I trying to build russian version of wiki. Is it allowed to counting? :innocent:

3 Likes

It might be an idea to merge it into a single place so everyone from all languages have one link. :wink:

4 Likes

I not sure how to change language on gamepedia. Except that I vote with both hands for!

1 Like

@luke-turbulenz Hey Luke :slight_smile: I was thinking that next live update will be a perfect time to start re-doing wiki. So, I’m interested in doing it. I haven’t done any wiki until now, though I’m a web developer so I don’t think that will be a problem :wink:
Do you have some guidelines for anything and everything?

2 Likes

@Okkelinor seems like you just need to create a page with /ru at the end. Something like hammer/ru and add it to the corresponding category for the language. I’m not sure if that works for the pages that are not already created in English, but it should be easy enough to create any page in English and than add Russian translation.

http://help.gamepedia.com/Translation_guidelines

1 Like

And when few of articles will be translated, administrator of wiki will might decide to create boundless-ru sub-domain. Well.

1 Like

I have zero experience with wikis and that, might either learn it or help players editing the wiki with providing descriptions or testing things

5 Likes

I would kindly cooperate and help to make our wiki up-to-date but im not that good at english so after I write something someone should look after it. :blush: Anyway it would be better if we start after the new live update.

3 Likes

For anyone interested here is tutorial on how to contribute to wiki http://help.gamepedia.com/Gamepedia_Help_Wiki:Tutorial

7 Likes

Put me in coach

I’m 100% about this

3 Likes

Well from what I read, we should not sweat too much before making changes. Since it’s collaborative effort we’ll have a few conversations here and there about how something should be put but the main thing is to add as much content as possible. Without content we can’t make any improvements. So we just need to start :slight_smile: I believe I’ll have some time over the weekend to do some basic setup of pages and linking them in some structure, since we already have a lot of data from testing and also many things are the same in live and testing it’s a good time to start as any :slight_smile: Especially that there is already some info that is incorrect starting as soon as possible is a priority.

4 Likes

Added some descriptions and did some minor edits. It’s not that hard, everyone should try :wink:

Editing old articles is a bit research intensive since they mention some stuff that is not in game anymore, like broken stone, stone chunks etc.

For anyone who wants to contribute here are some useful tips:

• this is the list of all the articles in wiki https://boundless.gamepedia.com/Special:AllPages
  • to edit page there are two buttons in the top right corner of page content “Edit” and “Edit source”, former is used to re-arrange page elements to positions (i.e. layout) and later to edit actual page content i.e. text, add images etc
  • to put page in a category just add [[Category:Creatures]] anywhere in page text, replace “Creatures” with any category
  • to add link just add [[Linked_Page_Slug:Linked Page Name]]

That’s about it for now :slight_smile: Happy editing!

6 Likes

I don’t know if anyone is aware, but there is a pretty decent wiki-like site called boundlesscrafting.com

3 Likes

@ouch I guess we’re all aware of that awesome site :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m was about to write article about mobs and tools, but next update will change a lot of it with skills, so I’m waiting for to release, to re-test stuff before publishing int the wiki.

4 Likes

I’m all for helping to contribute! :slight_smile: :gift::boundless:

5 Likes

@luke-turbulenz Many articles will be made with information got by testing stuff around, but what kinda information can the dev team provide to fill up the wikia? For exemple, can you guys provide shots of the blocks with diferent color types (without ingame ambient light and other interference)?

2 Likes

Fire questions our way by all means and let us know if we need to review an article. Images can be taken by players in the game but the 2D images, well, boundlesscrafting.com is already doing an excellent job when it comes to getting images of items, etc from the game.

The wiki would benefit from articles about features in the game and how they work. For example, how do warps work and how do beacons work, etc.

6 Likes

Well, I’m don’t know if you are allowed to give us these information, but… Here I go:

• How mob spawn/despawn work?
  • Which blocks can mobs spawn?
  • There’s a mob cap?
  • What’s the relation between mob agro/deagro and walking speed and player distance?
  • What’s the default walking speed?
  • How does world regen “timer” work?
  • How does mineral distribution work with world regen?
  • ARE WORLDS FLAT?

I’ve been testing a lot to know all that stuff, but I still without “verified” values. Actually it’s pretty fun to do some science, but maybe the gods of this universe can show us some answers.

2 Likes