Boundless Wiki

Yeah, you’re right, there’s no clue about that :smiley: We’ll see, maybe just a leftover from development :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m thinking about the format for recipes on wiki. I think it is a bit tedious to go to one block/tool and then hunt down all the stuff that you need to accomplish it, like clicking on one ingredient and than coming back, than another etc It would be easier if there was info at glance about all the stuff you need.

Something like this (though ingredients should also contain more info like skills required etc, this is just simple overview) (click to see the whole image it’s cut off)

@Spoygg I think thouse “i” and “o” are a little bit confusing. I can’t look fast and understant the recepies.

I did something to try fix that, tell me what you think:
(S, B and M would be where single, bulk and mass craft values go)

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree, the main point is that it shows all the steps. We can discuss about what’s the best way to represent details :slight_smile:

1 Like

Edit: Solved.

Anyone know that we still need more portal conduits for more hops or we just need the skill?

I’ve been working on the wiki a fair amount today, mostly tagging pages as {{stub}}, {{outdated}}, {{merge}}, etc. I created the outdated category to be used when a page needs updating.

I’ve also been working on making sure links follow a consistent singular naming, rather than plural behaviour.

1 Like

Have a look at the page I made for Compact Coal and see what you think.

I think the {{infobox}} template can be improved, too. I already added an additional paramater to it, of “desc”, but I’ve not put it to use yet, but I’ve noticed a lot of old infoboxes have fields that the infobox isn’t prepared to display.

1 Like

Looks good :slight_smile: I’m still new to this wiki stuff so it’s all over the top for me :smiley: I’m more data punching guy, if we agree on format I can serialize all crafted blocks data into wiki.

1 Like

I’ve made a lot of changes overall, over the last two days, including at least one change to the main page just a bit ago and more especially, consolidated a lot of pages (which I’m still doing).

At the moment what the wiki is in most need of is filling information (descriptions, and that sort of thing) and images - @Stretchious’s website is useful in this regard because of the quality of the images, but unfortunately not everything is available through there yet, so even cropped screenshot image contributions at this point would be quite useful.

Edit: Copying in descriptions and which skills are required for something, from the game or boundlesscrafting, into their respective pages is something that’s very helpful at the moment.

Just made a vid with this info ^^

Edit: Hmm the pics did not get copied =/ … I’ll add them later when I’m on my pc… they are on the OP though

2 Likes

Thx saw it and got my answers :blush:

1 Like