Boundlessinfo.com Colour Mixer suggestion

Not sure who made the website so I thought I would post on here.

My first question/suggestion is to be able to type in the number into the search to find a specific colour, at the moment the numbers don’t work.

Secondly, with the new update, as in the new update the maximum number of pigments you can put in he machine is 36, could you for the two colours selected show all the possible colours that can be made with those two colours. This would get out of hand for more than two colours so maybe should be a separate tool for mixing. This would just make my life sooo much easier. I don’t even mind looking at the code myself to have a play if you don’t have the time/effort for the idea.

Or would it get out of hand? if you have 36 different colours there would only be one output colour, two options at most 72, 3 options? maybe i should play with your code a little if possible… or you…

That would be @DreamEvil

1 Like

I wish they’d add a list of gleambow only colors. I started a small project playing with the API so I may have it done myself, but by order of elimination via the API you can determine which colors are on sovs, which are exo only and by using that could determine the leftovers to be gleambow.

You could get more detailed too, but that seems like a good place to start.

2 Likes

The calculations that are required to find the resulting colour are not small. In fact, it is over a 20-step process to find the resulting mixed colour which can take so many resources that I had to move the code server-side and write it in a different language just so it didn’t tank the performance of lower powered devices.
All this is to say that no, it is not feasible to calculate what the result would be from adding even a single extra pigment (given the 255 pigment colour options) let alone adding 34 more. It’s just not feasible.

Good point about searching by the number though. You can do it for the goo searches so not sure why I missed it there.

1 Like

https://boundlessinfo.com/goo-mutator/goo-path-finder

Click the “Gleam Selector” button once it’s loaded and only check the Gleambow + Show only selected boxes.

1 Like

Oh wow, just realised this was all four months ago :sweat_smile:

Never got the email notifications, sorry!

3 Likes