Brainless gone?

Cause and effect :rofl:

1 Like

Again, I don’t see a need to discuss any of this with you again, as I have already explained my stances and you have dismissed them without consideration.

1 Like

Then discuss it with everyone else because so far, not Once have you provided any single shred of supporting evidence.

All I see is “I’m right, your all making me sad QQ”

Needless to say this has gone the way I expected…not up to dozens but give it time

Anyway, time to go make more hammers

2 Likes

He literally just linked you financial data and you say he dismissed your stances without consideration. The game is bleeding both money and players (fact). They’ve completely moved on and are no longer interested in supporting the game (opinion).

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure Ryan would be positive if he got shot in the head. Free ventilation etc.

I’m a believer in honesty. That helps people make informed decisions. Whether the news is good or bad.

If and when I’m proven to be utterly wrong I will gladly admit it, apologise and agree thr other view was right.

However based on attempts on the mods to quote “give it a rest” and “shut up” for a bit, I suspect that there is more truth than rumours to it…yet still I play, spend my money and carry on.

Might seem odd, but yup I do like the game and it relaxes me. People who are more easily drawn in thinking it is what it definitely is not e.g. actively developed are those that I think will benefit from these posts

4 Likes

I’m a neutral person, I always look beyond the problems and think positive, the thing here with boundless is that even the loyal players know there’s a problem with the game but due to loyalty of the game one does not want to see the problems. that being said, boundless is in a playable state, besides the glitches/bugs that have to be fixed it’s still playable. giving negative feedback or keep going on about the problems day in and day out makes me worry about the community and not the game itself. instead of pushing players away we as a community should bring in players, no matter if it lacks updates or not! the negative posts will just push players away and I don’t think that’s what we want do we? if you are really fed up with the game, then take a break and I recommend also taking a forum break to keep the forum as clean as possible, but just like now it was a thread created about a settlement and look what it turned into again? boundless rage! of course feedback and thoughts are appreciated but not in each created thread by others, there’s a special topic for that and I recommend for those that are worried about the game to stick to that thread :+1: I think I will have to start flagging continued posts about the game or move them to off-topic because like I said before some months ago, its not the devs that kill the games its the community itself. maybe its time to re-think whether you should reply or not with negative feedback outside of the official .What turns you off playing Boundless?

3 Likes

Here’s the thing. @Rydralain wants to paint me as just some doomsayer and to an extent he is correct to point out that me coming into these threads and responding with negative comments is doing more to hurt the game than help it. Why would I do this? Because I’m angry. I LOVE Boundless but I feel betrayed and sidelined by this development team. I need closure. Either cut me loose or invite me back in but don’t leave us in limbo like this.

That screenshot doesn’t even include a few hundred PS4 hours since I bought the game for both PC and PS4.

2 Likes

This pretty much sums up how I feel too.

I think James is a VERY talented developer based on what he has achieved. I also think he needs someone to manage the comms entirely because without doubt that is his, or the companies major failing

4 Likes

I have looked over all of their financial documents and discussed them in detail with Ghandy, and they are grossly misinterpreting them and literally dismissed my explanation of what is happening on them with something along the lines of “Well, I looked into James personally and his business practices are bad,” basically resorting to hearsay once I tried to use reason.

Without getting very far into it, look at the 2018 column where they profited 300k. Those numbers include long-term debts and the numbers look like that because of how their loans are set up, and their financial situation hasn’t changed significantly since they started filing as a corporation.
Those documents do not include the revenue and expense columns that would be required to actually determine the health of the company.

I’m in the US, I don’t get free ventilation.

That’s where they launched and had a big sales boom, as discussed. I would also like to point out the UK is very different than the USA.

I will have to agree that without a full set of accounts including turnover PAT and the breakdown of all the costs for this year I can’t say exactly what is going on. However, losing 300k in the most recent year, dwindling player numbers and having 4.8m of debt is a heavy weight to carry.

Here’s hoping 2020 accounts due in less than a month show a big improvement

Or health care :grin: …not sure about college either, but probably not.

Alas the UK does have to pay for university too

1 Like

For the sake of people who might be mislead by your interpretation… that number has oscillated every year since 2014 when they became a corporation.
You can see here, in my poorly aligned amalgamation of their reports that their total equity has oscillated, but not dramatically changed every year since 2014, and that their average debt:equity ratio has remained largely the same despite this.

I’m more hoping that the 2020 accounts show us something about what happened to the structure of Turbulenz & Larian. Learning about the actual changes that happened there should be the most telling - aside from some actual communication! - about what is going on with Wonderstruck/Boundless.

My family was poor enough that I was able to get a Bachelor’s degree for free, but even then I had to be smart about choosing schools to get that.

Since the devs are no longer communicating, they have invited speculation and considering the evidence I have to agree with much of what @Dhusk wrote here.

Imagine traveling back in time to 2018 and telling James that in June 2021 Boundless would be averaging 56 players on Steam. How dejected would he be?

It seems obvious to me that the devs have moved on to greener pastures and I do not blame them one bit. How much money do you Boundless uberfans expect them to throw into this blackhole?

I imagine the game can exist as-is for awhile as long as people keep spending money on sovereigns, gleamclub, and the like but I do not expect any more money to go toward development. Hopefully I am wrong, but I doubt it. That said, the game is playable and enjoyable to me as-is.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Ouch. Someone’s upset hah. Sorry I struck a nerve but I genuinely care about Boundless but am angry. On the contrary, I do feel I (and many others) are owed a little something for dumping literally hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars into this game. And we’re not asking much. We’re simply asking basic things like:

1. Is 249 going to release and, if so, approximately when?
  2. Are you done updating Boundless after 249 (or even before)?
  3. Are there any devs actively working on the game?

Stuff like that. Pretty simple really.

4 Likes

First and foremost… I love this game and I don’t foresee myself leaving anytime soon. I also feel the game will last as long as you want it to. If they do drop the next update that allows for local universes and the ability to link them then I don’t think the game will ever go away.

I debated and debated about commenting on this and I will go back to what I have said time and again. If people are leaving and the belief that the blame is on no updates, no communication or financial statements then I’m sadly going to say you’re wrong. If the update is released you will see a brief spike as always the few weeks after the update (look at Steam Stats after an update) then it will fall off back to what we have now.

For me, I think 75% of the drop in player count is due to boredom. That boredom may be due to the fact that the grind is too much, but whatever the reason in the end, it’s boredom. if anyone that leaves states that the update will fix the boredom for them sadly it won’t help except in the short-term. The game is what you and the community make it. If you aren’t having fun, don’t expect an update to fix it, don’t expect better dev communication to fix it and don’t expect increased profits for the company that makes the game to fix it. In the end, only you can fix that.

I started the game at the end of January of this year and have about 1700hrs played. I’m not bored… but I do feel that at some point like any game I could get bored. I look at it like any sandbox game I have played… you experience all the content… build a ton … then some “new hotness” (Thanks Will Smith) comes out and try it out and enjoy it and the focus shifts.

So with everything said here, if the local universes happen and the company never updates again technically nothing happens to the game. If nothing ever updates and we are stuck with the servers they provide then that is concerning.

The game is what WE make it. If you are bored, I wish there was something I or the community could do to alleviate that for you. In the end, I nor the community can fix that for you, but I know that the core community and I will sure as hell do all we can to make the game better.

2 Likes

I think it is a shame to see a post which attacks a fellow player on a personal level.

It’s been so long that I don’t even know/think of anything you’ve ever done in this game or community other than the fact that you’re “that guy” who has done nothing but post complaints and trash talk for literally years now.

After a certain point, it honestly says more about you than the game or even the state of the game.

Somewhere between

and

You seem to have lost your way. Just politely assuming that you’re generally mentally healthy - and you seem to be literally asking for a push - Move On.

Starting negative rumors, nasty comments, blah blah blah, just the endless negativity. It’s not any better for you than it is for us. You’re right I didn’t appreciate waking up to you trying to present as the infallible voice of doom, once again.

You’re showing me 1800 hours of gameplay. What were you paying for?

Also in terms of this, I find it very difficult to stay part of a community where this sort of behavior is not only tolerated, but protected.

2 Likes

@Dhusk do you still play? Well never mind I see it says April 5… unless you may have played on PS. If you mentioned that I’m sorry I missed it.

Let’s roll with what I assume is you haven’t played in a bit.

• Will the 249 update satisfy you for years to come?
  • If nothing comes after 249? Will you be back here posting again about 250?
  • I know @james has told me directly they/he are busy working on the game. Why he doesn’t communicate that directly is beyond me, but knowing that does it help any?

I think @Nightstar means very well and while his approach might have been a bit poorly chosen, he has passion for the game like many of us and people posting on the game be it positive or negative should expect any and all types of responses back.

3 Likes

Not that this is all positive … at least it was something. In case you need some form of proof of communication.

8 Likes

D: really that lame but ok whatever thought me buying 300k Cubits last week would help but watev me still happy with the game the way it is to(^-^)

5 Likes