Brand new and excited!

You mean making dying far easier ;). Jokes aside, I agree, grappling hooks are a huge game-changer. Especially once you get a cloth torch. Totally changes how you go spelunking and everything!

1 Like

Somewhat of a newbie here myself :blush:
Are cloth torches good? I’ve never made anything other than the basic torch.

Yeah much more light than a standard torch. Well worth the extra effort in my opinion!

3 Likes

They’re crazy good if you go caving a lot. As Stretchious said, loads more light.

Well first thing is first

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Good tips hmm thet’s see
1.stay away from spitters
2.be careful of holes in the ground (bring a grapple hook)
3.carry cooked meat
4 oh and bring a light source (i love gleam)

the community works together so if you need anything feel free to ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

i prefer not to compare these three Games especialy cause of the Success of NMS (yes i’m a Fan too)… i think its not a good Omen for such a game.

But yes if you like sandbox MMOS like “Minecraft and Mods” with a little RPG touch and OpenWorld feeling, then you are perfectly right in here.

my most recommended Hints for this game are:

1. look for a place with many people near to it for your home
    so it wont be boring alone (you can see Buildings and other player
    on your Compass in green on top of your HUD)

2. Check out The Forums for Community Projects or Important
    Informations for example the new test Build: testing 29
    Testing 29: Creatures, Sanctum, Tutorial, Objectives and much, much more!

3. make sure to save your building against the world regeneration with BeaconControl Block and PlotingTools
    (gain exp to reach higher lvl to get more land plots to Claim more Area to build biger Buildings)

4. [PTO] Play The Objective^^
    in test Build are Objectives added to make the beginning easier for you
    do them and you will make it good.

Welcome to the Community

2 Likes

Fantastically put Tbone :wink:

thx alot @Dwarven-Stone-Bear

and thx for writing my name in correc pronunciationt^^

@Evryone
pleas correct me if i do gramar misstakes
english is not my native language but i want to learn it

(German Comunity Member)

2 Likes

Wait what…to be honest mate i would of thought you were american/British xDD

also sorry for the primal bear (complications with my email address)

tip to dealing with spitters (that i found) is live/be near water,can lure them in and watch as they drown and laugh as you get easy meat/bones/tallow (needed for the cloth torch)

1 Like

Thanks, I was wondering where Tallow came from!

Thanks Tbone for the tips! I will switch over to the test build as I want to check out the objectives and whatnot.

I had built up a pretty nice house on day one… then when i logged back in the next morning, i realized that one of my walls was not inside my plot boundary and had been regenerated haha I was a bit sad, but made sure then that everything was inside my plot (I believe I have around 7 or so plots i put together at this point, but one wall was just outside lol)

This shouldn’t have happened - assuming it had been ~24 hours since your last sign in. The server shouldn’t regen chunks until they’ve not been visited for a duration, and you’d clearly visited this region recently.

Interesting… maybe it wasnt the reason… I just assumed that was it… and I think there is always the distinct possibility that I didnt build as much as I thought… :confounded:

I was pretty sure I had 4 walls with a little hole in one side so I could get in and out lol… but then when I got back in the next morning, a whole wall was gone (just so happened that it WAS outside of the bounds…even if unrelated)

Maybe a player came and took it since the materials were outside my plot? (doenst really bother me, I was just more concerned with the “why” of the disappearance. :slight_smile:

Either way, thanks for the quick response James! I am really enjoying what I have played so far. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

had this issue myself on therka,logged out for 11 hrs,came back in and all my expensive wall had vanished due to regen >:(

1 Like

tallow can be gotten form spitters,and wildstock :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Valkirth! I want torches! haha

what planet you on?also you on the testing server or live? (im on live,sitting on 200 tallow so could prob throw you a load :wink:

I was on Live… but then I just did the download for the test server… also, i have no idea what planet :confounded:

awwww,well if your ever back on live server and need tallow etc,i have plenty (unless the new update wipes it all lol (then we’re all back to the same point)
do you know what server location the launcher is set to,could prob narrow it down that way.