Brand new and excited!

Hello everybody!

I just bought early access and am downloading the game now. I am super excited to get in and finally try out this game! I am a pretty huge Minecraft and NMS fan, so I figure this would be a good game to try. :slight_smile:

After watching a few videos online about this game, I think I might be ready to dive in. Any tips or otherwise generally helpful info for me out there?

I am also a good team player, fyi. :wink:

Thanks!

12 Likes

Don’t worry too much about resource harvesting and get yourself a wooden base setup first. That way you feel you have a home and then go from there. Go to boundlesscrafting.com, thanks to @Stretchious, for help on crafting anything. There is a new update coming out soon that will add some more features so you are just in time!

Watch out for Spitters!

4 Likes

You can find a guide here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Beowulf1000: Thanks for that info! I have been checking out the forums for a few minutes and found the website you mentioned. Looks very helpful. :slight_smile:

@Heurazio: Excellent! That will be very helpful, I am sure! Looks like there is a ton of useful info there.

Been here 5 minutes and love the community already!

5 Likes

Those dark terrible creatures lurking in the night

###W̴̪̼A̜̩̘͍̼͇̣͘T̠̝͍̭͟C̫͢H̸̩̜͉ ̦O̲͇͟ͅU̻͙T͎̺̠̣ ̯̻̯͉̮F̛̺̮͓̻̫̲͍Ơ̼̖̥̥R̰̣̯͕̰ͅ ̭̼̬̞̳͖̦S̻͔̪͠P͓̹͘I͚̺͠T͚͟Ṱ͓͚̥̮͕ͅE̦̰͖̲͙̤̭R̮͔̮S̘̙̙̙̣̦

5 Likes

When I started I thought there was no penalty for dying, but be warned your items will lose durability everytime you die. Just a heads up!

Which is really bad because there are spitters everywhere and I cant seem to find stone to make a crossbow…

Stone is made from rock in the crafting table.

But I couldn’t seem to find rock either… :pensive:

I will look again tomorrow.

Thanks!!

Just dig down. It should only be about 5-10 dirt deep, then it’s literally all the rock in the world :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I found some! Its like a whole new game with stone! Haha those dang spitters better watch out for me now!

5 Likes

Grappling hooks… Will change the game or it did for me at least. They are super fun to swing around mountains line Spider-Man and making traveling far faster.

3 Likes

You mean making dying far easier ;). Jokes aside, I agree, grappling hooks are a huge game-changer. Especially once you get a cloth torch. Totally changes how you go spelunking and everything!

1 Like

Somewhat of a newbie here myself :blush:
Are cloth torches good? I’ve never made anything other than the basic torch.

Yeah much more light than a standard torch. Well worth the extra effort in my opinion!

3 Likes

They’re crazy good if you go caving a lot. As Stretchious said, loads more light.

Well first thing is first

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Good tips hmm thet’s see
1.stay away from spitters
2.be careful of holes in the ground (bring a grapple hook)
3.carry cooked meat
4 oh and bring a light source (i love gleam)

the community works together so if you need anything feel free to ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

i prefer not to compare these three Games especialy cause of the Success of NMS (yes i’m a Fan too)… i think its not a good Omen for such a game.

But yes if you like sandbox MMOS like “Minecraft and Mods” with a little RPG touch and OpenWorld feeling, then you are perfectly right in here.

my most recommended Hints for this game are:

1. look for a place with many people near to it for your home
    so it wont be boring alone (you can see Buildings and other player
    on your Compass in green on top of your HUD)

2. Check out The Forums for Community Projects or Important
    Informations for example the new test Build: testing 29
    Testing 29: Creatures, Sanctum, Tutorial, Objectives and much, much more!

3. make sure to save your building against the world regeneration with BeaconControl Block and PlotingTools
    (gain exp to reach higher lvl to get more land plots to Claim more Area to build biger Buildings)

4. [PTO] Play The Objective^^
    in test Build are Objectives added to make the beginning easier for you
    do them and you will make it good.

Welcome to the Community

2 Likes

Fantastically put Tbone :wink:

thx alot @Dwarven-Stone-Bear

and thx for writing my name in correc pronunciationt^^

@Evryone
pleas correct me if i do gramar misstakes
english is not my native language but i want to learn it

(German Comunity Member)