Bread crumb skill

So in my travels in farming tech i feel like it would be nice if you could see your footprints to show where you have and have not been. Obviously the footprints wouldnt stay forever but something like 10 or maybe 5 minuets then they dissapear. This would help out so much in caves that way while im wandering aimlessly in the dark looking for components and devices i can know where i should go and where ive been. This could fit into the survival or exploration skill line. Let me know what you think!

4 Likes

You could do the Minecraft thing and lay down torches every now and again. Personally I mine 1 of almost every metal node that I see - If I see gaps that fit this pattern I know I’ve already explored this area.

1 Like

Ive done that but i mine for hours. Im talking 4 hours at a time. By the time i get half way through my expedition im out of torches lol. Plus it just wastes my mats😭. But that is a option

4 hours at a time! Dang, you must carry more hammers than I do! Maybe footprints can work after all, maybe Oortians have damp feet? Pheremone feet? Who knows, they are a rather fabulous race… :smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe leave a very faint bioluminescence vapour trail that can only be seen in the dark or very faint glowing footprints/pawprints

2 Likes

A Bioluminescent trail would be so awesome!

I always put down torches and have full control and just spam them as I go :slight_smile: also lets other people know someones been there so they dont waste their time.

4 Likes