Buffer Authority Display System

Since settlement opt-out isn’t being prioritized I feel maybe adding the below feature might at least cut down on some conflict –

We really need some way to show authority of plots to all players in the game. We also need a visible way to see if buffers are enabled on a plot (for those areas that are filled with plots and no buffers are visible anywhere).

Because players cannot see these things, no person is willing to release a plot during a conflict situation. This happens because the player cannot be sure who the plot they are about to release will go to.

I will use a dispute I have as an example - me and another person on my home planet have touching plots causing our settlements to merge. I would back off 2 plots but without me knowing if that space falls into my authority or the other persons I am not doing it.

Why? Because if I back off two plots and they have authority the buffer is theirs. Then they can just fill that space in, reconnecting settlements and forcing me back even more.

This means the only way I can back off and do a full separation is by doing 4 plots. Assuming I even have the space to do this, it isn’t always ideal.

I could ask the other person to back off but they are in the same boat. If we could see these details then maybe we could at least compromise and pull back 1 plot on each side and solve the problem.

Not seeing if player buffers are on or off also makes me not release plots. If I can see that on the other side at least I might know who gets the buffer.

Without this you continue to drive conflict and use “reporting” and other manual stuff as the solution instead of trying to give ALL TOOLS you can into the player’s hands so they can at least attempt to solve it themselves.

1 Like

Yes it would definitely be helpful to see if someone has a claim on a plot you own before you deplot it. It’s scary transferring plots in a crowded area. You can’t always tell if a plot has PPS on or not.

If you really want to block some one from bridging you need to build a buffer plot that has 10k+ prestige to have its own buffer between you and everyone else.

1 Like

Sad that it has come down to this. And you’d still have players to build up to your buffer, surround on 3 sides and say, “I’m not touching youuuuuu,” :joy:

touching

3 Likes