Bug - Issue with healing bombs

I made some Emerald Bombs and forged them to have the healing boon.

The Level 2 boon heals, hp and energy, but not max energy.
The Level 3 boon heals, hp, max energy and seconds, but not energy.

Normally when I use a level 3 healing bomb it restores both max energy and energy so I’m not sure why it’s not happening here.

Also I’m surprised that the level 2 boon doesn’t heal max energy.

I noticed this on the last hunts i did. Idk if its intentional or not but they at least have to fix effect type listing for the multi-type bombs so we can distinguish between them at least

And also be able to heal moving people. Its not fun having to try making someone stand still to heal them

Thanks for taking the time to make a video showing this. There’s definitely something odd with the data, so I’ve added this to the database.

Are healing/status effect Bombs suppose to work on moving players and theyre not working as intended? Thank you @vdragon !!

That’s a different issue. Without seeing it in action, it’s difficult to determine whether players were just a little too far away from the bomb’s explosion at the time. Are you seeing instances where you felt that your bombs definitely made contact with players?

They definitely make contact and then heal the players, but 2 seconds later their health resets back to what it was. It happens to me too when someone else tries to heal me while im moving @vdragon

Thanks for the reply. I’ll add a note to the database for someone to look into.

Also, this may be a bit short notice, but are you taking part in the dev hunt today? If you are, then it would be interesting to find out if you see the issue during that time.

could it have to do with the change that allowed original attacking bombs to trigger when any enemy was within their max AOE?

It may be that the bombs trigger when a viable target is within their max aoe, but then at resolution of the effect a fast moving player may be just outside?

Maybe if they activate when a target is say within 90% of their max aoe (or if max AOE for targeting purposes was slightly reduced for a flying bomb compared to a stationary one?), then the target might get hits that stick more often?

I wish i got to take part on that hunt but it was right in the middle of my workday so i wasnt able to :confused: also this isnt a hunt exclusive thing. This happens even when im at my base and i courtesy feed/heal customers

This isnt a hunt exclusive bug and its been happening for at least a month since i started using bombs for healing and eating

Chiming in here without a video, but can clarify the bombs have been a bit random even before last update. Random how? Well sometimes a single bomb will heal me 100%. Other times it doesn’t do anything. Other times it only heals health and not stamina, other times half stamina and all health, other times 100 % of both. Sometimes it heals best when I stand on it the bomb, other times when I am 1 block away from it. I have no clue what is happening or not happening on the algorithms to cause this.

I am watching for crits, but it is not saying anything different is from a crit. I find myself ALWAYS throwing at least 3 bombs down just to make sure I get all healing and stamina. It matters not if the bombs have better forging or what they are made of. Also they do NOT in no way always give xp in battle when healing others.

I think you have it set up to not give xp when out of battle, to keep exploits down. That kinda sucks when just hunting outside of meteors. One should be able to go along and heal a hunter and get xp. It is a role after all. But for sure in a meteor hunt, xp is given only 50% of the time when I heal others. It has been this way since update 203 at least. Maybe other people have no problem.

This might be about that bug what happens when you change bomb out of hand before it explodes. Then it might not heal etc at all. Some cases when bomb is exploding it could heal even more when you have changed from bomb tosome high level food (if battle log is right).

I never change it out until i am healed, because I can never trust its going to work right.

If it sometimes was all baddass, I would chuck it up to crits. But it is so dependably random of doing nothing or half, I have to do it about 3 times average to get the job done.

Yes i noticed this earlier when i was switching specs. When i throw the bomb then unequip it before it blows, i wont get healed.