Bug? Main guild, factions & advanced locks

Situation:

I made a Post Office in Nova Golda where I can exchange stuff with other players, it’s a storage box (4x4) and 1 block is replaced by a request basket. On the basket I put an advanced lock and gave the player it is for permissions (also to all the alts that are on my friend list).

Since I have a bunch of alts that have their own Aenea faction I also gave perms on all these locks to that faction, just that faction, not the main guild. The screen where you do that tells me that everyone with worker perms in that guild/faction will have access.

But we were rather surprised to notice that some people who DO have worker perms on the MAIN guild could also access these storage boxes.

Is this correct? Or perhaps correct in certain situations? Or just a bug that needs squashing?

Would you be able to provide screenshots of what the setup looks like so that I can picture what’s going on? Thanks.

Room has more of these.

Ghandy’s lock:

Nightstar’s lock:

Of course also has Aenea faction in there with perms. All of them do but only the individual users have extra perms on each of them.

Now Ghandy is a member of Nova Golda guild and he had worker perms on the main guild. He is not a member of the Aenea faction, yet he could access all the storage boxes.

When I removed the Aenea faction having perms he could not access them.

The beacon this is on is aligned to the Aenea Faction, not controlled.

To clarify, does this mean that members of Aenea Faction has been granted access to the storage blocks that has Nightstar’s Advanced Lock on it, but not members of the Nova Golda (unless explicitly given the Worker permission if I understood this correctly)? I just want to check that this is the case before I try and mimic a similar setup to this.

Yup, only the Aenea faction was checked as having perms not the main guild…

Of course all Aenea faction members are also in Nova Golda guild…

I checked this in game using a setup I’ve created, and it does seem that a guild member can access locked items that are otherwise only available to faction members. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with the faction being part of the guild, but I can pass this along to a dev who can take a look at it.

1 Like

Thank you!

I now solved it by removing the permissions from the main guild and adding them to the factions where they needed to have the perms but it is a tad weird that this was possible like this!