[BUG(?)] Planets not as close (visually) as they were previously

Here you can see that Alcyon has a reachable distance, from Kol Huroo. But Alcyon is not “full-size” like Houchus I is over there to the right on the same image:

This is how it is now. :arrow_up:

Edit 2: I also notice that Houchus I and Malurialakrib (the only two planets that are still visible in “full” size) now seem to appear consistently bigger than before; though I have no issue with that, thought it might be worth mentioning.

Now here is a screenshot from the release before the venerable update came around, screenshot taken 10 days ago, where you can clearly see Alcyon (the red planet) and also I think Norkyna, which I don’t think I’ve been seeing either:

How it used to be. :arrow_up:

Is the fact I can’t see Alcyon full-size like before a bug or intentional? Don’t remember seeing anything about that in patch notes…

Edit: This isn’t the only situation I’ve noticed but it’s a prominent one for me since I’m at Kol Huroo a lot.

It’s a bit hard to tell in the first screenshot, but does Alcyon appear as a point planet here?

1 Like

Yes, that’s it, sorry for not having specified it that way, was forgetting the term!

Edit: If you want I can take another screenshot of Alcyon with a lower FoV setting, which will make Alcyon as point planet easier to see in an image?

I’ve also noticed nearby planets appearing as a point star, from pheminorum, the planet tana VII appears as a point even though it is only 2 blinksecs away. Other planets 3 blinksecs away appear as planets, such as bitula, and beckon.

That would be good to see in the screenshot if you are able to capture one.

Sure, I’ll add one when I can, but the constant sandstorms (and frequent cloud cover) make it a bit difficult to see much of the sky at all, so I haven’t really been able to spot it again yet.

I’ve been having a really hard time spotting Alcyon, but I have spotted Galan, which also used to be visible in full-size from Houchus. This was taken with 70deg FoV. The point planet sprite of Galan is visible just above and left from the crosshair.

A sandstorm developed right after this so I couldn’t really see much of anything else…

there is many not showing correctly, Was on Arie yesterday and had 2 planet that i dont remember the name, they were at 2 blinksecs from there and they were point planet.

1 Like

I noticed there was an exoworld in the screenshot you included in your original post. Can you recall if there was one around the time you took the current screenshot here?

@vdragon I know this is likely to be very low on the list, but any chance this has been investigated further since the OP? :slight_smile:

@james @lucadeltodecso does this have something to do with the amount of worlds visible in the sky?