Bug Report: Vanishing Blocks

Hello, this is mostly for the devs- you guys said you wanted feedback on anything, since we’re basically testing it by playing early access. I have noticed that sometimes- often enough that it is quite noticeable, but of course no real issue due to Infinite Mode blocks- sometimes, blocks vanish as soon as I place them. I’ll be going along, building a sky bridge between three enormous trees (for example), and one block will flicker and vanish instantly when I place it. I of course simply replace the block and continue on- but with the creeping, dreadful thought— if I step there, will I fall to my death? Will other blocks disappear at random times, or is this a bug just on placement? Anyway, wanted to let you know. I’m playing on the Lapas server, if that helps.

Hello again- encountered a very similar bug just an hour later so I figured I would re-use the post. This new bug is pretty cool to watch, honestly.
I destroyed a block with my Wood Shovel, it was a Dirt block at the top of a huge tree… and it kept getting destroyed and re-created over and over while I watched. It played the break sound, then the placement sound, and looped, flickering and exploding as it was reborn in an endless cycle of death and rebirth.

Then it just stopped after a few seconds.

That was a beautiful description haha. That sounds like a latency thing.

Just for clarification, lapas is US West, yes? Are you also based in that region? It sounds like you are experiencing simple server latency issues. Try resetting your game, then give it a few moments to load the surrounding chunks before continuing again.

When I was checking the world list, Lapas was listed as US east, and I am US east. I have no typical latency problems though.

1 Like

Fair’nuff. You can press the “.” Key twice to bring up debug info. I believe in the top right corner it shows latency and frame rate data. When you next encounter this bug, take a screen shot of the debug info; maybe some clues can be gleaned from that?

Another important question is: Do you actually lose the block if the bug happens without infinite mode?
If no I’d also say it’s just latency.
If yes then we’ve got a problematic bug.