[Bug] Testing 224: Lava doesn't disappear if plot removed

I had made some lava pillars and decided to remove the plots they are in to have them delete themselves. The lava remains after the plot is removed. Guessing this is not intended.

if the liquids were deleted when the plot was removed, you would be able to just plot a lake, unplot, and the entire lake be destroyed

2 Likes

I left the lava and un plotted, the lava remained. now it is spilling out further into unplotted areas.

yes, and will regenerate away later (and any damage done to unplotted areas also regenerated back), it is a griefing potential, which is the reason why we dont allow placing liquids in brand new beacons to stop being able to just plot, place and unplot again.

also, with rarer valuable liquids like resin/oil it would be horrible if accidentally unplotting meant you just lost all of that liquid…

1 Like

so trolls just have to wait 1 hr. alright figured id bring it up.

The lava can probably be regen-bombed to be removed?

1 Like

Haven’t forged any not sure. I’ll forge Regen bombs and try

regen bomb will remove the source blocks. regen does not touch any flowing liquids; its left to simulation to update that. In this case, you would regen bomb the source lava, and then the flowing lava would (reasonably quickly) dissipate.

5 Likes

So the option is lava no where but lava worlds and water no where but water worlds or worse no placeable liquids. Which kind of still allows the trolls. The only other option is they do not let you unplug the area until you remove all the lava.

A simple regen bomb solves the problem within seconds… regen will solve it a bit longer. I think the reward of placeable liquids in this game across all planets way outweighs the smaller troll like behavior.

Not to mention true trolls that really want to push the mechanic will likely just be banned or face repercussions.

2 Likes