Build Land Issue

On that I can agree, then the options for buying / selling plots and an arbitrator who decides if there is no agreement would be necessary for the system. Well, it’s just ideas that I raise.

1 Like

You have an area I want…I will buy it from you… you wont sell it to me…so I force you to Duel me…you Lose…I TAKE it from you… Heck Ill take your city one build at a time??

Are you kidding me right now?

All ideas are welcome. :+1:

1 Like

yeah but can you imagine how quickly that would kill the game?

There are literally games right now where this is a thing. I stay far far away from them! lol

1 Like

I know…I have played them…Kicked ass in them in fact…But this is not the concept I signed up for in Boundless…would not welcome that kind of pvp.

1 Like

We appreciate the idea. I think it has a lot of merit likely in a different situation. It is exactly what I was wanting with the thread - ideas. No one should be shooting down ideas that are trying to help.

3 Likes

But it’s ok, because it’s just an idea that was tossed out. Now if James said suddenly it was being added tomorrow, that would be different. We need time to digest and analyze things.

1 Like

We got to post 122 before things got heated. (edit, I was wrong and misinterpreted the comment).

@majorvex @Xaldafax It was an honor to brainstorm with you.

pitchfork sharpening sounds

1 Like

Heated? You all have never seen me “heated”…

I am simply trying to understand how that would ever go over well with the players of this game. The trolling would be horrible

You could have simply said,

“I think this idea wouldn’t go over well with people because many people don’t like PVP here.”

Instead you said, “Are you kidding me?” which has negative and condescending connotations.

1 Like

To be honest I thought I was being trolled

Maybe so, but the person put a lot of effort into it, so we just try to incorporate it into the discussion and not risk upsetting them. It’s hard to know when someone is trolling or not. If you thought you were being trolled I understand the response.

We’re trying to keep this thread as conflict free as possible. Yes, adding dueling to Boundless would be a pretty wild departure from the gameplay established, but we just want to respect other people.

I don’t mean to chastise you. Sorry.

2 Likes

With what happened in the past 48 hours, I would gladly take this system back in a heartbeat. “Reservations” are giving things to people that they don’t belong to and taking things from people that they did belong to without any chance to correct it.

I can appreciate the part on trying to understand. Thank you for clarifying things.

Yeah so far this thread has just been a softer tone… I guess like we were talking to someone we really cared about or a “hmmm I wonder if” type discussion. If you haven’t yet, I think if you take the time to read the whole thread you will see the context… many posts where “thinking out loud.” That is the space we are trying to stay in.

All opinions expressed with education are respectable especially when we talk about tastes in video game mechanics. I understand that not everyone has the same tastes. My idea solves many problems, and if there is tension between some players, they have many options to solve it among civilized people as I said before. But you will not always meet civilized people, who have education, not everyone has the composure to behave like gentleman and solve their territorial disputes in the market. Then you have two options, or a Court or arbitrator that resolves it on a case-by-case basis, or let them fight. Both options seem fair to me. If someone argues to me their failures we can debate and polish the idea, failing that at least I contribute as one of the community. I can understand that the idea of the special pvp scares or dislikes many.

Yup… right now the answer has been Dev moderation and decision of who owns the plots in the scenario I outline in the original post.

We definitely want a no conflict type scenario at this point of time because PVP is not part of the game. At the time PVP enters the arena then we could consider how plot conflicts might be solved in a different manner.

Right now we want to lower the Dev moderation which is pretty clearly what the Buffer zone issue was trying to solve. Fix the authority issue BEFORE it hits the devs or people leaving the game.

1 Like

It should… some of us are quite good at it… it would not end well for the game though…

@krasniy I apologize. Your comment was more of surprise, and I interpreted it as disrespectful. We’re just trying to be reallllllly careful in this thread to be polite, so I’m sorry if I misunderstood you.

1 Like

lmao1

Dang! The top PVPr would rule all planets lol Game over.

All the peaceful Oortians would be running away screaming

giphy%20(83)