"Builders" End Game (50+) - Titan Cores?

I, as a builder, love this! and am glad someone raised it from the dead too, cuz I wasn’t around in Feb to read it!
Well thought out and the implications are brilliant!

1 Like

It is very interesting.

There are some problems in my opinion, that the build might be too easy to simply manage your prestige and the very idea of that is a bit bland. And also, by definition this would be something very few people could take advantage of and that hurts the viability of the idea…

I do think there’s room for parts of this idea maybe? I like the thought of a defeated titan to drop core fragments that a guild could combine into a core or something lesser but very strong. The core itself would be a placeable thing that does give some kind of benefit to its owner - but this core naturally decays over time until depleted totally, and a new one must be obtained. Maybe there would be a way to use prestige to properly slow this decay? Idk. But I don’t like it being too location tied because then people will just hoard the spots…

Maybe having the core can be a double edged sword (similar to some of the op’s ideas) - maybe it causes invasion events periodically that are like meteorites but they spawn portals in your base near the core! Leaving the portals and monsters unattended will decay the core much faster so there’s incentive to deal with them (and ofc its a backdoor bonus to get monster loot - no meteorite boxes though)

Something along these lines makes more sense to me.

Also the idea of using the core fragments to perhaps craft a ‘stabilized titan core’ for powering airships would be amazing. I think that those should decay naturally too but have no monster spawning or benefits to crafting (just you know, the airship part…) but you can feed it more core fragments to always repair it so its decay is less worrisome.

Idk I guess we will have to wait and see for this stuff eh!

2 Likes

Yeah, builders do sacrifice to make cool things. But many builds faded during alpha and became ghost towns. When the only motivation for a build is for others to enjoy it, then you cannot ensure the reward goes to the player that put in the effort.

Hunting is cool, but remove loot and just say ‘hunting makes the world safer’ as the only reward and … I mean cool? But hunting does make the world safer’ in that spot…AND loot :slight_smile: loot that doesn’t require others (like footfall does for builders)

Rewarding our player base that makes amazing things is always going to be good :slight_smile: and just make better cities.

Depending on the fragment, it could be very interesting. Managing prestigue in a settlement would require a lot of coordination. Having to swing up or down 100k prestigue would be a massive undertaking for any settlement.

Prestigue as a system is just a ranking system at the moment with a slight tie to footfall. By increasing its impact across other areas of the game and tying it more into design then it becomes more interesting.

‘cool base, you are 53rd on the planet?’
‘yea, storing a weak Titan core here for the items. Once I get a stronger core to store I am going to expand into a larger base’

^- a dynamically more interesting system then the current one

You must remember though it’s a player economy. It’s made to mimic real life, in a basic form. In real life, a hunter will hunt to make his home safer/get “loot.”

A builder must create a place that always has something to offer to the community. Otherwise the community will leave in search of other places. Such is the same in Boundless. If somewhere else has better qualities that fit that player’s needs, they will be more inclined to move to that place. That’s why builders are a special class.

Also. Just like real life. If a builder builds some huge mansion of their own free will, well, they aren’t going to get any payment or reward, usually. They built it for themselves.

If someone pays you to build something, there ya go.

I agree :wink: I want to mimic real life mythology and that building massive cool things stores evil :smiley: yay

Frankly, I love the idea. Though its unlikely that main cities or portal hubs will house something like that, due to the risk. But it does give more remote settlements a higher cool factor, esp if theres a reason for people to visit (like treasure maps or keys that spawn for the higher/highest tier planets).

1 Like

Unless you build a shop or a portal hub, why does anyone ever need to visit your build? There are exceptions like the portal seekers hunters courtyard, but most other builds are really for the people building them to house storage and workshops. I think this is an issue with the game.

There are not enough functions for builds in game. Food and brews are transportable so no need for a pub or restaurant, we do not sleep so no inns, and no in game voice that might require meeting halls. We build for ourselves right now.

2 Likes

I love it. As a builder/crafter this screams to me!

2 Likes