Builder's Equipment (Opinions Wanted)

Hello all!

So I had the idea of making forged tools that were aimed for builders to use. What sort of things would help you most when you’re working on your builds?

Speed/strength/ ease hammers/axes for when you misclick a block?
Ease/ Durability/ speed chisels to help chisel everything quicker?
Max loot/light/ chisel changers so you can get any blocks you drop quickly?

Just throw out some ideas! Would you use these? Would you buy them? What would you think would be a good price for them? Would you want a shop that sold these? Are you tired of all the questions yet, or should I keep going?

2 Likes

What i use,

• Topaz Hammer with attraction can add durability if you want

• Stone Changing Chisel with ease to remove the cost of stamina and max durability.

• Gem chisels and speed brew to do some fast chiseling while needed. You can add durability to them if you want and ease.

And you may not want light on your tools or character since it will play with your current build lighting effect.

1 Like

Do you make your own equipment or buy it looking for that?

i do my own, think i misread your post. i thought you were asking for some idea for building tools.

I wonder if that’s how most people are.

Is there an amount that if you saw them sold for in stores that you’d consider buying them?

#datagathering

I am not the best to give you this kind of info. I do not buy any tools.

No, you didn’t misread it. I asked like fifty different things. You answered a good 10 of the questions. My math might be a little off though.

I appreciate it!

Typically i dont use forged tools for building, outside of the change chisels. If anything magnet/light. But I usually just use my offhand for that.

1 Like

Maybe make some new Unchisels :smiley:

Oh yes, Unchisels and auto closer doors.

I’ve had/seen some conversations on this lately. You might find a market for tools with decreased action speeds. Especially higher end chisels like gems, and changers.

Someone told me they were putting defects onto grapples in order to be able to hang more easily at a precise height. I did suggest iron grapples not sure if that works out.

It’s interesting to use the defects to our benefit. This is intriguing for sure.

I’d have to change up my forging methods haha.

I use wayfare totems and block changing chisels.

Max durability, attraction and lighting is the only thing I would look for in a tool.

I sell gem chisels but I never use them myself. I am happy with gold, silver, titanium iron and stone.
So in terms of buying forged tools. Yes I would pay you to forge them but I would be a fool to not make the actual tools myself :slight_smile:

That makes sense. Forging is where most of the price comes from anyways. That being said, I do actually do custom orders if you’re needing them done haha.

I never even thought about wayfarer’s totems. They’re pretty useful no matter the block.