Building a new workshop

Oh it might be closer. I should have paid attention when I was gleam processing. Which reminds me @Ratchel might also know exact distance

2 Likes

Then I can aim at 100 machines for 100 plots…
Hopefully I can trigger the XP/machine and not all at once. :slight_smile:
I have a workshop with 60 machines but tightly packed. I seem to triger 3-4 at once.
My OCD said build 10 of each but I never used my 10 centraforges :slight_smile:

Regards,

2 Likes

If your machines are all on one beacon it can trigger from pretty far providing you focus on the machines @Nightstar told us this the other day perhaps he can chime in.
From my personal experience I’ve only noticed it when being a plot away.
My xp workshop has banks of machines on SEP beacons with the machine being set back 1 block from the plot border.
This way the only way to collect XP is by literally rubbing up against the machines. I set up each bank of refineries to deplete one teach pie exactly.
So I can eat a pie enter beacon, eat a pie enter next beacon.
Can even empty and repair machines without triggering xp this way

4 Likes

that is very interesting…will pay more attention when next collecting xp

2 Likes

That’s pretty clever.

this is what i got so far, i reached the limit of 200 from the 512

72 machines per side in combination of 4

i place spark generators in each corner and connect 36 machines per side so half way
so far the progress and it seems to be efficient

10 Likes

HOST that place is tiny. You should try making something bigger.

4 Likes

B I G G E R

2 Likes

Also, there seems to be a dormant meteor hiding in with your compactors :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wow I have a 4 as my ocd almost stopped though through purely being annoyed at it

1 Like

It’s just there to be compact.

2 Likes

Question (not that i pay to much attention to this but) doesn’t a “stranger” have to interact with it (the machine, table and/or furnace) to trigger the “xp reward” to said character?

Im asking because even though I don’t pay real attention to this it seems the “xp reward” triggers when I interact with (and/or remove crafts from) said machine, table or furnace.

And pays out when I return with my character that started the craft (login)… To note it also seems that when then close to un interacted machines, tables and/or furnaces trigger after passing by with said crafting character.

I also want to point out lately I start crafts and don’t return to that character for more then a week. That time span should then have triggered the “xp reward” for non interacted machines upon login right? I mean if strangers can activate the payout without interacting.

Again not that i pay to much attention to this but as i see mentioned that strangers can trigger the “xp reward” im just wondering :wink:

[edit “more info]
My work room is under the TNT Lamblis hub and all the machines, tables and furnaces are under 1 beacon.

2 Likes

According to @lucadeltodecso the XP is only stored for approximately a week. You might be losing XP doing this. I’m not sure if this affect XP still stored on the machine, or only XP that has been release from the machine to the beacon.

There are some very interesting posts in that thread…

This is correct, although “interact” can be simply looking at it long enough to force the status display.

The XP is collected to the beacon if another character (character B) interacts with the machine while you (character A) have an item crafting in it. Character A will then collect the XP to the character when they enter the beacon.

If Character A interacts with the machine first, the XP is collected to the character that moment.

If you are deep enough this doesn’t seem to matter. My old workshop was between my hub and one of my retail shops, and people would run over the roof (within three blocks of my coils/machines) all the time. It took me forever to figure this out due to sometimes logging in to no XP, sometimes logging in to some, and sometimes logging in to all my XP already being “in the beacon”.

4 Likes

Thx for the information it explains a lot :wink:

That said I didn’t know that there was/is an “expiration time” on “xp rewards”.
To be fair good information for others to :wink:.
As I don’t really care about the xp gain on my alts (they’ll lvl when they do :wink:).

2 Likes

Please…do you really need collect xp anymore…lol. I need your secrets. Haha

1 Like

yeah i find it small too, i got about 25k plots spare, i should expand right… :thinking:
its only 5k plots :man_shrugging: and yeah only 20% done (ish)

its called decoy :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Hmm your workshop is only rank 4 on the world. Seems like it’s too small

2 Likes

WOW!! Awesome!

1 Like

Seems to small for him :smirk:

whatever :rofl:

Once he will rule the world :wink:

1 Like