Building in February! Share your build and goals!

Building a new mall that’s going to be request baskets only, and specific sections for each resource type. A section for mob drops, ore & gems, organic stuff like leaves orbs beans etc, oortstone, blocks, and misc stuff. Things people mostly have request baskets for and get sold in bulk.

Trying this to see if the economy actually is dead :smiley: The argument most people have atm is that they can’t find baskets to sell to, we’ll see if there actually is more supply than demand and the “economy is dead” cries are justified. This would also be made a lot easier if there was an indicator if the basket has budget, so selfishly I’ll tag @james please don’t kill me :smiley: To me this sound like an easy thing to implement but I’m not sure if the engine can do this without heavy tweaking. Something like Shop stands / Requests basket FX, specifically the “remove or recolor the cloth on empty budget”-part.

PS building with water is hard and I kind of now understand why you can’t move it yet. There’s some shader issues too when reflecting the skybox when under the base water level. This is the crown jewel of the new Request Dimension.

7 Likes

Currently I’m building my shop on Gyosha and redoing my workshop on Trior!

2 Likes

Here is a pic, of the Till build, about 2 days in. Still a long way to go.

5 Likes

I’m going to build a shop in angel 1 looking like a castle

4 Likes

I’m currently working on a Lord of the rings themed build based on a elven city that was not seen in the movies:) I’ve nearly finished the town hall if anyone would like to see I’ll post a pic or even come visit me on Arie if u have the time:) the city is called Caras Galadhon

4 Likes

I plan to finish the Imperial City Arena that I’m building on Delta Cancrat.

Based off Mcholypotato’s original Minecraft design - Imperial City Arena (Elder Scrolls) Minecraft Map

I’ve got half the wall left to finish and most of the underground Gladiator’s section left to do.
Would love to finish it in the next few weeks.

-Rains

12 Likes

I’ve started a new project in Aquatopia Embassy yesterday. Rather spontaneously… :speak_no_evil:
Inspried by the recent remodeling of the AE Portal Plaza, I talked to friends about some underused plots I have in AE and suddenly I had some crazy ideas in my head that had to be made reality.

The area has access to water from 2 directions, which means it can be flooded with source blocks!
(Thanks @Jiivita for putting that particular bug in my ear. :joy: )
(Can’t wait!)

I plan on building a water temple with huge arcs, canals, bridges, floating crystal thingies, partially overgrown by huge trees (that’s why I kept the trees on the right).
Feels really good to have a spontaneous project again, as diversion from my usually more plan-heavy projects.

Also: Nice opportunity to go crazy with the new poles and beams!

Very special thanks @Dunedragon, @142857 and @the-moebius for their support!

9 Likes

You have to first flood just 1-deep area to make source blocks, and the blocks need to have 3 source blocks touching another block to turn that in to a source block <- Wrong info. So you can’t join two parallel water sources. Keep this in mind, not sure how much you’ve worked with water but the area in the screenshot won’t fill with source blocks unless you have a water source to the right aswell. <- also wrong info.

Also, when reflective water is below the default water level, the reflection shaders break and it looks really funky, see below, bottom right corner. This is just one block from the base water level, the lower you go, the worse it gets.

These are some of the things I think people should know before doing the huge investment in water-builds.

I wondered up on you building this a few days ago :slight_smile:
Nice to see if still going strong.
by the way i am Hamma.

1 Like

Hi Hamma,
I remember you dropping by.

The build is still going. I will finish it but there will be many hours of building ahead before it’s done.
-Rains

2 Likes

Well I built this thing yesterday:

No idea what today will bring. I need to spend some time at my gloviathosa build but, not really feeling it.

I do love the water stuff. I had a couple of portals in sheets of falling water but now there’s just the ‘elevator’.

Hmm it’snot easy to convey that effect in a screenshot :slight_smile:

I have a little hidden away food shop but I wanted to do the build more than i wanted to run a shop. Maybe in February I’ll finally make a ‘real’ shop.

4 Likes

Awesome fountain @Mayumichi !!

Any pics @rugby-bigd! Would love to see!!

@Unciviled I haven’t seen a lot of builds on Till! What inspired you to build there?

@kogablue would love pics once you get started!

@LiamT666 pics! Yes!! Haha I want to see!

@Rains I am not familiar with what you are drawing inspiration from, but that arena looks sick! Release the wildstock and see who survives!! Haha

I am going for a dark themed build and lava will fit the build very well. I cant go to EU servers often, and Alcyons terrain is stupid lol. So Till it is. And found a decent set of builders in a town there. All just went together well. The basement will have lava pools and funnels to put the light in it. Have some ideas.

1 Like

Will be working on a space rocket (not really sure of design yet aside from BIG) but still on the service tunnels leading to it…

5 Likes

Love the syfy feel!! :smiley:

That looks really promising! Start deciding please
It looks like a landing platform for a spaceship to me

1 Like

Redacted some of the info on my previous reply, the water sources behave like in minecraft, two diagonal source blocks do make a new one. But it does have to be just one block deep or it’ll flow and not create more

1 Like

Thanks for the tips!

(I guess it has been raining a lot :smile: )

3 Likes

I want to, finally, get all the standard stone replaced with brick or refined on High Ridge.

I also need to get a lakeside house built for Ingot (my new forger), but I’m completely lacking in inspiration right now.

I also have 1/3 of a castle tower built that I would like to complete…but, again, inspiration has left me.

I also have two towers at my south gate, I need to get a matching pair built on the north end.

1 Like

I’ve seen someone already make one of those, its a pretty impressive feat to put in game.

1 Like